Chapter 16: I'm Sorry

"Your Highness, it's so nice of you to join us!"

The first thing the Pharaoh saw when looking at Aadila was the small bruise on her cheek but other than that she looked like she was alright. "Bakura, let Aadila go, she has nothing to do with this! Let's duel between us and leave her out of this!"

"There is something you should have a look at first." Bakura looked behind him and grinned at the precious stone he stood upon.

"Is that the legendary Millennium Stone Tablet?"

"The one and only. Oh and did I mention, that the stone is guarded by the very spirits used to create it? Your father destroyed their village and harnessed their souls in order to obtain the power to dominate mankind. How do I know? Well, I am the only villager to have escaped, by the help of your little friend over here." Bakura casually looked the girl tied up on the side. Aadila shamefully looked down at her knees easily showing the Pharaoh that he was speaking the truth.

"Aadila...b-b-but why?" The Pharaoh's voice didn't come close the provide an ounce of the amount of shock he was really in.

"I thought I had to do something since I translated the spell for it. I was ashamed of the power I had allowed mankind to have that required us to kill our own kind for." Looking up and sorrowfully at the Pharaoh, her eyes contained tears that would break the strongest of mens hearts. "I now realize your father only wanted to bring peace to Egypt during such troubled times. I swear my King, I did not know this would come from my actions at the time!"

"Now you see what this girl was really doing those years ago before she left you." Bakura had walked over to her and grabbed her face, pulling it closer to his. "She helped me and by helping me, she caused the death of your father and, in turn, yours! Mwhahaha!" Bakura violently threw her head to the side causing it to hit the pillar with some force and he walked back to the safety of the Millennium Stone. The Pharaoh wanted to comfort her because he heard the guilt in her voice. As he walked over he was stopped by Bakura saying, "Spirits open his eyes to the truth so he can see the lies his guardians have been telling him all these years!"

The spirits made their way to the Pharaoh surrounding him and causing pain.

"Pharaoh!" Aadila yelled as she struggled within the ropes.

"Now your spirit shall join theirs Pharaoh. Trapped for all eternity!" The Pharaoh moved down to one knee, obviously being weakened by whatever the spirits were doing to him. "And without your Millennium Puzzle, you're powerless."

"Bakura, please stop this! I'll do whatever you want!" 

"Never! Finally after years of hiding in the shadows, Kul Elna strikes back! It's almost poetic."

Aadila watched as the Pharaoh slowly became weaker, but something happened that no one was expecting. Suddenly, the Pharaoh began to glow, a radiating light surrounding him, as if protecting him from the spirits. Out of the light, came a creature in strange clothing. Once it lifted its face, it seemed to make a little more sense.

"When you threaten the Pharaoh, you threaten me!" The magician said

"Mahad!" Aadila yelled, smiling at the spell caster and her dear friend. 

"You! Oh, I see. Getting destroyed once wasn't enough so you've decided to come back for round 2."

"I'm here to save my King!"

"You don't have to put yourself in harms way again." The Pharaoh said, staring in aww at his former guardian.

"I made a vow to always protect you Pharaoh. That promised will hold true not matter how powerful our foe may be."