Chapter 12: The Past Is The Future

Aadila was trapped in the arms of the boy she had saved, too weak to fight back or to try and convince him to stop what he was doing. She was scared from the sudden weakness that she felt, as if the weight of the world was put on her shoulders. Aadila knew the cause but she was hoping that what was about to occur wouldn't permanently take her from this world. It was the burden she had to bare, the deal she made so she could live on and possibly see her family and Atem again. Aadila just didn't know it would feel like this. She weakly lifted her head and saw the faces of the guardians who were staring at Obelisk and the Pharaoh, who really didn't know if he should attack. He knew he couldn't hurt an innocent person but he couldn't let Bakura win this Shadow Game! What was he to do?

"You seem to be in quite the predicament your Highness! What to do? Risk the life of a citizen or handing over the Millennium Items. I know which one I would chose, but I don't think that really matters. Make your choice!"

"My King. We must think of another way to defeat Bakura!" Mahad said, fear capturing his voice.

"Mahad is right! It's our duty to protect Egypt and it's citizens, not put them in danger!" Isis said, agreeing quickly. 

Aadila felt guilty. She should have ran out of the hall with her siblings and never have stayed behind. "Your Majesty." Aadila said just loud enough for the Pharaoh to hear. "You must do it. I'll be fine! You must beat Bakura!"

"Aadila, that's ridiculous!" Mahad jumped in. "You most likely won't make it alive!"

"I'll take that risk. I'm not letting this mad man get away just because I did something foolish." Her voice was getting weaker as Bakura's grip around her neck tightened. "Please, your Majesty. You must!"

"Silence, girl! Or he won't have to risk killing you." Turn her head so they were face to face, Bakura was slightly stunned at what he saw. Those eyes from years ago, the ones of a coral glow that saved his life! "You!"

"Your Highness, you mustn't!" One of the guardians yelled. Aadila and Bakura looked back at their direction and saw the Pharaoh beginning his attack.

"Obelisk the tormentor, attack with fist of furry!" A bright light shined from the fist of the Egyptian God as it came thundering toward Diabound.

"Diabound! Use the power of Blue Eyes! White lightning attack!" Diabound had a source of power between its hands and directed it toward Obelisk to defend itself. 

The palace began to shake from the force between the two great beasts. Soon, both creatures and their masters were pushed back. Bakura had let go of his grasp of Aadila, causing her to unsuccessfully try to make her way toward the Pharaoh before collapsing.

"This is impossible! Their power is equal!" Aknadin yelled. 

"He withstood an attack from an Egyptian God!" Seto said, shocked by what he had just witnessed. Both creatures returned to their tablets as the Pharaoh and Bakura slowly regained their balance. Mahad and the Pharaoh quickly made their way over to Aadila to protect her from Bakura.

"This isn't over, Pharaoh! And you. I believe it's Mahad. Don't grow too fond of that item around your neck. I have a special, shall we say, attachment to the Millennium Ring! At one time it was mine!"

"This item was created for me, so you lie!"

"But it is destined for me. In fact, all seven Millennium Items have been fated to fall into my hands! Just you wait!" Bakura ran towards the doors from which he entered.

"Stop!" The Pharaoh yelled. 

"We mustn't let him escape!" Aknadin yelled as Bakura rode out of the palace on a horse. "Guards! After him!"