✨ IV.

Dream Malik (Ma-Like)

Waking up with a bad start. Boredom eating me up instantly as I look arouns the massive castle. After the throne was rightly passed to me when I was 13, everyone here either fears me or doesn't know me. It hurted back then, but after my first mistake of befriending a servant, my perspective changed. He got caught stealing the wealth of the castle and was immediately executed. Who executed him...?

...

....

......

Me. I did. It was my duty to see the vigilante that was my friend beg for forgiveness in front of me. My father, who had died 2 years ago due to an illness, taught me to learn some moves in order to protect myself, like firing the bow, crossbow, sword, and my most favorite thing he taught me, fencing and flight using a sharp cable.

The flash of my friend's face flashed to me as Isaw his bloody face that was badly beaten whilst me aiming the bow who's arrow's burning fire with oil covering my friend. After I release the string of the bow, the arrow flung towards him. And hit his head, igniting the the oil causing his sorrounding the burn up, but before he even died, I heard him cry out...

......

"Videbis, non feci."

.....

Shutting the voice off when I heard the door opens. Two guards came in wearing a leather chestplate and the rest, Iron.

"Sir. The girl has woke up. Are we to get them want us to get their food?", the guard fearfully asked causing myself to stand up.

"Keep her inside for a while. I will come and visit this little gatina I found on the street.", I calmly spoke, but that itself made the two shook in fear a little before they nodded, bow down and left for my privacy.

The space and privacy I am getting from this shithole called "Castle" is the only thing that sort off.... Keeps me sane.

Taking a deep, long breath, I wore my tuxedo that I wore when I took her with me back at that disgusting, and tacky place that smelled like toxicity of the alcohol, sweat and somewhat, blood, but was too faint for a regular human to hear instead of a person who was dead and was alive once more, held by a spell to not die.

I walked out, wearing the crown of this place as I walked like a piece of work that has both morals, and beauty. A walk like I owned the place, which I do... I was always taught that when I take over, I should always show power, and dominance. Weaknesses are something a king should hide in order for the kingdom to stand.

Father wasn't the best, but he isn't also the worst. Without him, I would never be the man who I am today. A man who need no protection. A man who can easily manipulate emotion with a simple smile. A man who is held by a mask. A mask filled with air, only I can breathe in to survive.

The mask I never removed off of my face, fearing people would judge their king for his ugly face, but a sculpted body, and charming ways. A person who's gifted with everything, but lacks something.

Walking inside the door where the stray kitten I saved back at the disgusting place, and who was oh-so-kind to take me for a small snack. Had to admit, she isn't ugly, nor was she the most beautiful girl I know. Knowing, I've met many beautiful women who are willing to strip for me due to my wealth and charm even with the mask on, but she was different.

Somewhat different. A total mystery I want to solve through the game's journey. I just hope she'll last. The first game will always be a mystery, somehow.

The game won't be too difficult, but it also won't be easy. The winners won't be hurt, and the games will only start after 3 weeks had passed. I was never the evil kind, but after so many trauma, pain, misery, and loneliness, I finally found a way to have someone there beside me. Even though, I knew, they would haunt me in my dreams. No matter what, some company would always make a king happy than inside here where there's no one, but guards, maids, servants and the persons who is sentenced to death.

..............

After the small talk with the bewildered gatina, it gave me an idea for the first game. A wide devious smirk was written on my face as I clapped my hands in excitement. The doors opened revealing a blonde maid with bright blue eyes.

"Ah, Vanessa. Right on time. Tell the players to line-up. We'll start the game in a minute. I'll be there soon.", I ordered with an evil smile.

"Yes, master.", Vanessa bowed down in fear as she left the room, yellung at the guard who was probably lazying out of their duty. Running was heard as I heard the many footsteps at the playroom.

I walked to the room and saw all of them lined-up in 3 separate lines.

I cleared my throat, catching the attention of all of them.

"Good evening players. I will be your host. Do call me by the name, 'Dream'. If you have any complains, speak now.", I said with a calm tone.

The room was silent when I saw a person pause their hand.

"Yes?", I questioned as the lady stepped forward.

"Where are we?", the lady asked causing my smile to depen.

"You are insude my playhouse. Now. Is there any more questions?", I asked.

A man stepped forward. He was bulky and lean, I can tell he hits the gym and eats ton of protein with it like a total insecured boy.

"What makes you so high when we can easily beat you up and take our money of 1,000,000?", the man asked, craxking his knuckles as 5 more stepped forward, I can tell, his guard dogs.

The room was silent, but I caught a specific woman who gasped. A stared at her with a small smirk causing me to lift the mask slightly and revealed a devious smirk.

"If you wish to fight, then I shall accept. But for now, save your arrogance til the game is over. I don't want any of my players harmed when the first game hasn't started yet.", I calmly spoke.

The man heard it, but left the other ear as he launched towards me.

"Stop you idiot!", I heard gatina yell out.

The fool swung at me causing me to catch his blow with my hand, stopping it as he stared at me shocked.

"Like I said, let's save the fighting for later, but after this encounter, disrespecting the host would cost something, am I right?", I said, my tone darkening.

I saw the man's face paled as he tried to break free from my grip, but failed miserably. I squeezed his hand deadly tight causing him to yell out in pain until I let go of him.

"Any more?", I asked as the crowd stayed quiet.

I clapped causing the guards to simultaneously hit the ground with their spears.

"Without any further ado.", I said then stared at Monica who was begging me with her striking dull brown eyes.

"Let the games begin.", I called out, a door opened at the right.