Twelve

-Loki's POV-

I'm reading in my room when I hear someone in the hallway... then I recognize whom the voice belongs to...

Jasper...

But his voice is accompanied by a female's voice.

I know Y/N's voice very well, and that's not hers.

That must be Callee Rose. Wow... the bastard not only has the nerve to come back, but he has the nerve to come back with her.

I snap out of my thoughts, noticing they're gone.

I leave my room and hear voices in the common room, so I go there.

He better not hurt Y/N mentally nor physically, or I'll have to break every last one of his bones.

I lean against the doorframe, watching Y/N handle everything like the incredible and badarse woman she is.

She stands up, "How did you become such a bastard?"

"I'd like to know too," I speak up.

Y/N spins around as I boost myself off of the doorway and walk over to her.

"I haven't changed at all."

Yeah, and I don't want to have Y/N as my queen.

Y/N turns around to face Jasper again, "So you've always been an arsehole?"

"You weren't..." I whisper.

The new him cuts apart, shreds, rips away at the memories of him being a fantastic friend.

"You were a good person. You comforted me when I found out-" I stop myself, remembering Y/N.

I look over at her.

She's never seen nor has she heard about my Jötunn form.

I can't scare away the one person who doesn't think me a monster. She's all I have. She's the only person who doesn't know of my monstrous form.

"Who I was..."

"A Frost Giant?" Jasper completes.

What's wrong with him? Why is he like that? He knows my Jötunn form and past haunt me.

What happened to him?

Y/N looks at Jasper, then back to me.

I shift uncomfortably under her gaze, "Yeah..." I mutter.

Y/N smiles reassuringly, "It's okay."

I look over her face for any sign of hate, fear, anger... anything... but it doesn't disturb her.

I can't believe it. Y/N doesn't seem phased. I don't frighten her? She doesn't care about my monstrous side?

I break out into a grin.

"You want to know how I turned out this way?"

Of course, he has to ruin this moment.

Y/N turns to Jasper and nods, "Desperately."

"Well, you're out of luck. If you don't like this me, then why did you date me in the first place?"

That's both a stupid question and a question I want her to answer myself. Jasper changed, that's clear, but what was it that made her date him in the first place?