Thirty-Seven

You regretfully part from Loki, allowing him to return to his unfinished business despite him desperately wanting to stay.

        "But I don't want to go, darling." Loki practically whines, hands holding your own in a firm grip, but not too tight.

        You bite your bottom lip lightly to suppress your giggle at his pleading green eyes and adorable little frown.

        It's so cute to watch the proud god of mischief beg you for something.

        "It's fine. After you and Thor handle whatever you have to, and I help Nat and Yelena, we'll see each other again." You give a soft smile, "It'll be soon." You reassure, hand raising to cup his face.

        Loki turns his head a bit to gingerly kiss your palm.

        "Okay..." His deep, unsure voice vibrates against the inside of your hand.

        He turns back, his kind emerald eyes meeting yours, making you melt at the care swimming through the splatters of blue.

        "I trust you, love."

        You feel yourself break out into a grin, eyes crinkling at the corners as you do.

        A slight squeal escapes your lips as Loki pulls you forward, causing you to collide with his leather-covered chest.

        His left hand glides through your hair, slender fingers tangling themselves around your h/c roots as his right hand's index finger gently tips your chin up.

        "Stay safe," Loki whispers, his sweet smile soothing you.

        You grin at him, "You too."

        Loki leans down and presses his lips to yours in a loving kiss.

        When you pull back, your eyes shift between his.

        "See you soon..."

        "See you soon, my darling," Loki murmurs back before disappearing.

        You sigh and look over the secluded farm; navy blue now overtakes the unobstructed sky as countless stars twinkle brightly like diamonds.

        After that peaceful moment, everything happens all at once.

        Bright blue-tinted spotlights, multiple dark jets flying toward the house... Complete panic on your part.

        Melina...

A/N: Hey! I'm not dead yet! I'm so sorry it took me so long to write this, and I'm sorry it's so damn short

I've been so insanely sick, and it's lasted for far longer than I anticipated, so I'm still exhausted.

I hope you guys are still enjoying this story!

Also, do you like want a Loki POV of this chapter? I mean, it isn't really that necessary or anything, but I shall give the Wattpadians what they want!

(Got that name from Reading_by_Starlight and her writing is amazing even after only reading one one-shot)

I love you all 3000!❤️❤️❤️