Twenty-Two

-Loki's POV (Surprise!)-

I just have to see her... I have to visit, if only for a few moments.

I sense where she is, appearing in a dark, damp, abandoned place.

My heart drops.

Is she okay?

I silently make my way to where I hear voices. When I distinguish them, it's Captain Rogers, The Falcon, Sergeant Barnes, and Y/N.

I peer out from behind a corner to see Sergeant Barnes on his knees with his metal arm stuck in a machine.

The Falcon stands to his right, facing him and Captain Rogers stands to his left, also facing him. Then Y/N stands in front of him.

"Y/N..." The sergeant whispers.

Her attention turns from The Falcon to Sergeant Barnes, "Yeah, Buck?"

"We... We know each other... from the past..." He looks up at Y/N, "Don't we?"

She... knows him? From the past?

Y/N slowly nods and takes a step toward him, "Yes. Yes, we do."

"You trained with me... We... We fell..." A smile creeps across his face, "We fell in love... didn't we?"

I feel my heart drop.

That's why she's so close with the sergeant. That's why she clearly enjoys his company... She's in love with him.

"Wait. Hold up. You two knew each other before the Avengers?"

Y/N turns to The Falcon, "Yeah."

"But you were Red Room, and he was Hydra." Captain Rogers mentions.

Y/N nods, "Yes. But they-" Y/N looks over at the sergeant, "They had him train with us."

Sergeant Barnes lets out a pained laugh, "You can say they loaned me out."

"Yeah... They loaned him out."

Y/N walks closer to the sergeant despite The Falcon's warnings.

"Do you remember someone else?" She asks, squatting to meet Sergeant Barnes' eyes.

He squints, trying desperately to remember whoever Y/N wants him to.

His shoulders slump, "I don't..."

"Wait a minute. You're saying that you two were in love, and you never thought to tell him about that?"

Y/N looks over at The Falcon again, "No. I didn't want to hurt him. I wanted him to find out on his own... I didn't know how to tell him honestly, and-" She looks over at the sergeant again, "The other person wants him to remember by himself."

Wait... could this other person be... Agent Romanoff?

I shake my head and go back to Sakaar.

A/N: This is a very short one since I'm working on my 'Marvel Games One-Shots' book❤️

I will keep up with this book as best as I can while working on the game book!

Love you all so much❤️❤️❤️