Thirty-Eight

-Loki's POV-

        "But I don't want to go, darling." I practically whine, my hands clinging to Y/N's desperately, but not too tight. I couldn't bear to hurt her.

        I don't care how desperate I look for once in my life. All I want is for Y/N to know how much I care about her. How much I want to stay by her side.

        I can't help my pleading eyes and frown.

        It gives me a glimmer of hope when Y/N's e/c eyes hold some pity - pity I somehow don't mind - and she gives a tiny lip bite to suppress her adorably angelic giggle.

        "It's fine. After you and Thor handle whatever you have to, and I help Nat and Yelena, we'll see each other again." Y/N gives a soft smile, "It'll be soon." She reassures, hand raising to cup my face.

        I turn to gingerly kiss Y/N's palm, even the faintest touch of her warm skin against my lips calming me.

        "Okay..." I mumble against the inside of her hand, feeling unsure undertones leak through the nervous cracks in my voice.

        I turn back to my darling, eyes meeting her shimmering e/c eyes.

        "I trust you, love."

        Y/N breaks out into a massive grin, eyes crinkling in the most adorable way at the corners when she does.

        I can't help but pull her closer, a slight squeal escaping her lips as I pull her forward, causing her to collide with my chest.

        My left hand glides through her hair, fingers tangling themselves around her h/c roots as I gently tip her chin up with my right index finger.

        "Stay safe," I whisper.

        Y/N grins at me, "You too."

        I lean down and press my lips to hers in a loving kiss.

        When she pulls back - too soon, in my opinion - her wide e/c eyes shift between my own.

        "See you soon..." She breathes out.

        "See you soon, my darling," I murmur back before disappearing.

        I reappear in my Sakaarian bedroom with a sigh.

        Yes, I realize Y/N can handle herself, but I worry, and I want to be with her all the time.

        Gods, this woman is going to be the death of me, isn't she?

A/N: Sorry this wasn't put out yesterday. I tried.

I'm also sorry it's short like the last one and all.

Again, I'm still tired and trying to get back in the groove of writing, so I'm sorry if my writing doesn't start off consistent.

Love you all 3000!!!