Prologue

Deep under the sea, in the darkest of depths was a kingdom of sirens and mermaids alike called Tamabeg. Merfolk who lived there where labelled as "wealthy" in sea colture standards.

Sirens and mermaids where in somewhat peace with eachother. The peace being "you don't bother us and we don't bother you". Even though they had peace, the slight hostility towards eachother was still there, it mostly being directed at sirens, since there the more dangerous species with their venom and meet eating tendancies.

Though sirens and mermaids have a lot of differences, for example mermaids have more vibrant tails then sirens and have no venom(siren venom is usually not fetal and is usually used to slow down, or some cases paralyze there pray. Since the venom has no affect on the siren that owns it can be used to mark a mate or property of the siren if injected properly. If any other merfolk or person where to taste the mates blood or something they'd get poisoned) , sirens are known to have darker and more neutral coloured tails. Mermaids can turn in to land dwellers and sirens can't without outside help. But despite these differences they have one thing in common. They never travel alone.

You'll never see only one merfolk traveling or living alone. That be asking for death.

This is why it came as a shock when the elders of Tamabeg banished a young siren to live alone in the vast sea. The child being called a hazard for other merfolk safety. Yet no one even tried to the defend him. They just stared, some with anger and spite, others with sympathy.

"Reaper Renrink, you are hereby banished from this or any other city." Said an elderly Mermaid with a bright blue tail and white marks.

"But we are not soulless enough to let you go without resources" said an elderly siren with a green tail and slightly yellow Belly.

"We've prepared this setchal with food that should last about a week if eaten sparingly" and elderly woman with a red and orange tail said passing a satchel to the kids hands. Making sure not to touch him.

" Now go and never come back you demon of a child" spat the last siren elder with such spite. "And if you ever even dare to come back, don't be surprised when guards will come for your head"

The kid, Reaper, only nodded and swam towards the exit of the kingdom, never meeting anyone's eyes as they all stayed clear out of his way and especially from his smoke like fins. As he went by he heard the whispers of merfolk he grew up with, some spiteful, some pitiful and some mocking.

Some of the kids he called 'friends' talked behind his back, not even trying to be quiet. " He's never going to find a mate"

"He'll live all alone, for the rest of his sad life~"

"If he lives outside these walls that is. No merfolk has ever survived alone out there, let alone a small weakling"

"No wait! Who's going to even come near him?  No one or no thing is dumb enough to attack him. That is- from close up." The kid then threw a rock at Reaper, slightly cutting his white bone and drawing some blood.

Reaper hissed slightly and tries to ignore the pain and the tears that wanted to fall out. But he didn't let them. He wouldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing him cry. Noticing his little brother in the crowd He only swam a bit faster, ignoring the laughter, chatter and his little brother calling for him to not leave behind his as he finally exited the Tamabeg kingdom, he swam as fast as he could in a random direction. It didn't matter where as long as it's far away. He didn't have a destination in mind. Who'd even take him in?

He swam and swam for hours upon hours, his energy draining fast. He was able to swim just a bit further until he had to stop.

Looking around he was in a not recognisable location. Huge rocks forming walls that most likely reached the sky and casted a dark shadow. There where holes in those rocks, most likely caves. The sand below him was practically white with long sea weed growing as high as it can.some fishes of different varieties swam around yet never coming near him.