Chapter 12.

Reaper stared at the ceiling. His hammock gently swayed like the waves outside. The snores of the crew around him, and the night crew walking outside reminding him he's not alone. He breathed in and out, one of his hands firmly holding his dagger. Just in case. He continued to observe the wooden ceiling remembering the day's events.' is it normal for them to have water fights? Epic and everyone acted like it was not the first time, and it was quite hot in the sun. But still, why so suddenly? I shouldn't complain because it helped, but...' he kept thinking, analysing everything he's noticed during the day.' Lilly was also watching like it wasn't the first time his brother did this..... His brother.... There's something unsettling about him.... I should be wary of him... Both of them....'

After some time he closes his eyes and tries to, hopefully, have a dreamless sleep.

In the cafeteria Horror was serving the night crew. " So Horror, how are the new guys?" A cat monster asked taking his plate of fish.

" They're alright, the taller one is helpful in the kitchen and they both with Killer caught these fish." Horror spoke pointing at the cooked fish on the cats plate.." They started their training with Epic and Circe not long ago,"

"Oh, that's nice! Have they signed the contract yet?" Before Horror could answer, someone else answered the cat.

"Not yet, the captain is still preparing the papers, Pepy."

Pepy turned to look at the purple skeleton and greeted him." Oh, hey Nightmare," Nightmare greeted Pepy in return before looking at Horror.

"I heard there's some soup." The small skeleton spoke and pointed at a bowl.

Horror understood and poured the soup in to the bowl before handing over to Nightmare."Heard you and Cross will teach them after Epic and Circe."

Nightmare took his soup." Yes, we will." He spoke before walking away.

"Must be a tough night for him, huh?" Pepy spoke looking as the small skeleton walks away and sits down in a far corner, indicating that he wanted to be left alone. Horror nodded." Wonder what he's thinking about... Do you think it has something to do with what the captain called him for?" The cook shrugged saying that it could be." Did he get scolded?"

Horror shook his head." Doubt it, Night's one of the best behaved crew mates after all, they probably talked about our next destination, we will need to fully restock our supplies. That tiny island didn't have everything we need."

" Wonder what unlucky shore we'll visit now." Pepy heard some of his friends call him over to eat and turned to look at them." Oh I gotta go, talk to ya later chef!"

Horror nodded and continued on his night work, when they all finished and brought back their plates Dust came to help him clean up and Horror sat in his chair getting ready for a small nap." Dust, wake me when it's time to cook-yawn- again." He spoke before closing his eyes and immediately falling asleep.

"Hm." Dust went towards a closet that didn't have food and took out a blanket. Blanket in hand he walked to his sleeping friend and draped it over him. He went back to the closet and took out a small pillow before carefully placing it under his friends head. With that done he walked away to do his job.
--------------------------------
.
.
.

"-Yawn- morning Reaper." Ink greeted his friend with a yawn.

"Morning." He spoke in response, rubbing his eyes to get rid of sleepiness, his bones still aching, but overall feeling better. Reaper got out of his hammock, found his shoes and put them on.

"How did you sleep?" Ink asked as they walked to the cafeteria.

"Good, I guess" Reaper said before giving a little yawn." You?"