chapter 8.

Sci wasn't known as a hot head most of the time. He'd usually appear quite shy and nervous, serious and cold if he's focused on his work. He'd never lose his temper over little things like getting a wrong order, someone calling him names, or someone pulling a prank on him. He'd just turn a blind eye as long as it didn't interfere with his work. These things weren't worth his time.

If he reacted at every stupid and idiotic thing he's witnessed, he wouldn't have time to work.

Which is why Geno was surprised to have him barge in to his office with a furious expression. He could almost swear he saw steam coming off of his head from his anger, which was normally Reds look.

"Hello Sci, what brings you here." Geno greeted him with a warm smile.

Sci took a few deep breaths to calm down a little and walked towards his captains desk. He put two neat folders infront of Geno before talking." I have finnished all the blood tests, and looked over what kind of diseases the new comers are most vulnerable or have a possibility of having and came up to tell you they are quite healthy, though a bit underweight, they seem to be strong and shouldn't have any problems with hard tasks."

Geno opened and checked the files himself. All the known illness tests came out negative. Ink seemed to have slight food poisoning but not enough to actually cause big term harm, his immunity system should be enough to take care of it without any help from medicines, but it seems Sci had prescribed some pills just in case. And the meat allergy was also prescribed with some meds if he did accidentally eat some. Magic flow and everything else seemed good and healthy.

Reaper on the other hand was slightly underweight, quite common for new members, yet didn't show signs of being bothered by it. All illness tests negative, no allergies and all in all it looked like every other new comers results. Until he noticed a little note near the blood tests with Geno's name.

"Sci, could you explain this note" he ask pointing at the red ink written note at the very bottom of the blood tests results.

"Ah well after finishing the tests, I noticed that Reapers blood was darker then his friends, whose blood was also slightly darker, and other blood samples. Now monster species can have different colored blood, like an insect monsters will have yellow/ green blood, I-I thought he might be a mix breed." Sci explained." Perhaps one of his parents was a skeleton and the other - who knows, or one of his parents was mixed and he wouldn't even know. Either way I did some more testing and found nothing. Well I did find something at the very beginning of testing, both of their DNAs was recognized as a fish, but there's no way that's possible."

" Well what if one of their parents where fish monsters? You did suggest them being a mix of two." Geno questioned.

"No, no ,no, the DNA wasn't that of a fish monster but just a fish. And it wouldn't make sense for both of them to be recognized as fish so I had to redo the tests again a couple of time" Geno noticed the doctors mood worsening.

"Is that why you're agitated?"

"Yes! it wasted to much time" Sci tried to calm down not wanting to seem unprofessional infront of his captain." Anyways we're getting off track. Since I didn't find anything I tried to look for another explanation of this blood color. Illness perhaps? No, everything came out negative. Untill I remembered what happened to your blood sir." Sci spoke clenching and pointing his hands at his captain." How it became darker, mixed with something, and so I tested the stuff mixed with your blood and his and it came out an exact match."

"Exact match..." Geno repeated this silently.

"Yes, anyways I suspect that he may have been attacked by the same creature as you where." He concluded." And I also wanted to ask i-if - maybe- I-I could... Do some tests o-on him..." Sci became a bit more timid under the captains piercing gaze.