Chapter 7.

Knock knock.

"Yes, come in Fresh!" Geno said not lifting his eyes off the map in front of him.

Opening the door in came his youngest brother Fresh." Sup my radical brah! How you feeling?"

Geno chuckled before answering "I'm feeling good, " he looked some of his papers around his desk, some having riddles, some descriptions of places or things and some with coordinates.

"How's ya wound treating ya?" Fresh asked walking over to his brother and looking at the papers and map.

"It's getting better."

"That's good brah!" Fresh beamed." So~, do you think you'll find it soon?"

"Hmm, hard to tell...all of the clues lead here" he pointed at a marked part of the map." But it could be another dead end..."

Fresh sighed scratching the back of his skull "it's almost like a wild goose chase..."

Geno nodded in agreement." Enough about that, how are the new recruits?"

"They're adapting fairly well and completed their first aid check up with good results " Fresh said while pulling out their results and handing them to his brother.

Geno took them and looked them over." Great, we can begin their training" he said putting the notes with the rest of his papers in one of the desk drawers.

"Who will you assign?"

"Nightmare would be a good choice, but he stiers the ship at night and needs his rest at the day..." Geno thought about all his options." Dust will probably work them to death so will Red...."

"How bout Killer brah?" Fresh suggested." I'm sure he'll agree to train them, after all he always looks for reasons not to work."

"No, while Dust may overwork them, Killer will most likely not give them enough work."

"What about Cross? He used to be one of those fancy guards that the rich people hire."

"Good choice, but same as Nightmare, he usually takes the night shifts. Don't want to overwork them."

"Epic works in the day!" Fresh said" Epic could train them in da day and Cross with nightmare at night! Oooor.... If no one's available ..... You could teach em?"

Geno thought a bout it but shook his head." I don't have the time Fresh... Although maybe?—" Then an idea came up that he shook of just as quickly as it came." No no, let's just make a list of of everyone capable of teaching, and choose via elimination."

"Aight, my next suggestion would probably be Lily"

They then proceeded to name and list out all the good options of people to train the newbies. When they had a decent list Geno commanded Fresh ask them if at least one of them was willing to train them.

While he waited for the results, Geno looked back at the map and notes he's taken."it really does feel like a wild goose chase"
--------------------------------------
.
.
.

On the lower deck, specifically the cafeterias kitchen, Reaper was having a cooking lesson with Horror.

He wasn't cooking for the entire crew yet but rather making small meals that if they didn't come out right, or was completely inedible, it wouldn't cause a food shortage.

"While we do have quite the supply of ingredients from our raids, we can run out or they could go bad," Reaper listened to Horrors lecture. From these lectures, he not only learned about what land dwellers eat, but also learned a bit more about the chef himself and how he talked. He'd sometimes forget a word or a sentence and try to describe it to Reaper which didn't really help since he himself wasn't familiar with anything he was talking about. He'd only nod and pretend he understands." But what is the one tipe of food we, as pirates or sailors can get from the sea?"