Chapter 5

The next day at school Yeji and Lia hang out at break. They discuss the project, but also discuss other things.

"Yeji, have you ever been in love?" Lia asks Yeji.

"No. I think I might be too young, though my mum and dad met when they was my age so." She shrugs. "What about you?" She asks Lia.

"No, never. School is my main focus at the moment. I really want to get good grades."

It's really funny, Lia thinks in her head, how this time last week I was dreaming of all the different ways I could kill Yeji. Now we're... Maybe even...

Friends.

The next day they had science. Miss Ho asks the class, "How are your projects going on? I can't wait to see them! Wait, put your hands up if you've started it." She says this purposely because she wants to see whether Lia and Yeji have. They both put their hands up and Jessi smiles.

"You girls have started?" They both nod. "How's it going?" Jessi asks.

"Not too bad actually." Lia says. Yeji and Lia don't have their stools to the very edge of the desk anymore, they have then so close together they are nearly touching. Jessi smirks and carries on writing.

At lunch that day, they sit and review the work they've done so far. "We've done a lot of research, maybe we should start the presentation?" Yeji says as they scroll through Lia's laptop that they saved lots of information onto.

"Ok, but I'll do it, not you." she laughs, but Yeji looks up.

"Why can't I do it?" She asks, hurt.

"Pfft, have you SEEN your book? An absolute, what I call, mess!" She laughs again and gets back to work.

"What do you mean? My book's not even that bad." Lia sees the look of hurt on Yeji's face.

"Your handwriting is really messy and you never use a ruler!!" She says to Yeji.

"Fine, we'll both do an a3 presentation and see which is better. Send me the PowerPoint." Yeji storms off. Lia is a very competitive person and so is Yeji, so neither of them will give up. Lia gets up and walks to the library.

When Lia gets there she takes her bag and coat off and sits down. She opens her laptop then gets back up to get an a3 piece of paper when she bumps right into Yeji. "Watch where you're going, bitch." She says when she sees Lia, and walks off. I jinxed it, Lia thinks to herself, when I said we'd become friends. I don't think we can ever be friends.

Little did Lia or Yeji know that while they would never be friends they were one day going to get married...