Chapter 6

By the next day both Yeji and Lia had completed their presentations. They meet at the library at break to show what they have done, both feeling very smug, assuming they've won this silly little competition.

Yeji has made a very bright and colourful presentation that looks like information has burst out like fireworks. Lia has made hers very neat and tidy, black and white, with all the information in straight text boxes. They look at each others work then back at their own. Lia speaks up first. "That's very..." She takes a deliberate thoughtful breath, "Creative."

Yeji then says, "Yes, Miss Ho told us to make it look colourful. Or where you not listening." She says pointedly because Lia hasn't an inch of colour on hers. "I'm pretty sure she also said the information and your opinions had to be clear. Or maybe you weren't listening?" Lia fires back because Yeji's does look a little messy and hard to read.

"Well at least mine doesn't look dull and depressing. One might say our presentations represent our personalities." Yeji spits.

"You calling me dull and depressing?! Me?? What the actual fu-" Jisu is shushed by the librarian, so she whispers loudly instead, "what is your problem?! I am not dull!! Am not!!" She pouts and Yeji chuckles silently. "And you? Colourful? Bright? You're one of the most depressing people I've ever met!! You're such a pessimist!!" The librarian shushes her again and this time Lia glares at him. "You shush!!" She loud-whispers.

"I do the shushing here, not you!!"

Lia quickly got very angry with him and began to stride over to him but Yeji held her arm. "Shut up, come sit with me over here." She pulls her to the far corner of the library. "BOTH our presentations are good, but they have flaws, right?" Lia pouts but nods. "So if we work together, you could make it neat and I could make it colourful. Then it will be perfect, no?" Yeji compromises.

"You know that could work..." Lia says then smiles. "We make a good team, you and I. When we aren't arguing or being mean to each other of course." Lia says making Yeji smile too.

"No, I think even when we're arguing we make a good team." Lia says and Yeji scoffs.

"Pfft. Sure."