Sorting

The train came to a stop at the station the sky now dark as the moon and stars shine down upon the students exiting the train in groups.

Victoria and Regulus stepped of the train and joined the group of other first years who all are looking at a large man.

Hagrid: first years this way

The first years all moved towards Hagrid some looking at him in wonder others in fear or disgust.

Hagrid: is that everyone then? Come on then.

He led the group towards the lake which had boats lined up for them to use and a lantern on a pole attached to the front of each illuminating the area around them.

Hagrid: four on a boat now and don't be shy.

Both Regulus and Victoria looked at each other and smiled before they walked towards a boat that was empty. Regulus sat in the boat first before holding a hand out for Victoria to take.

Victoria: thank you

Regulus: don't want you falling in even if it would be amusing

Many of those in Regulus year looked at home like he was broken having never seeing this side to him. The other years all looked at the screen in amusement whilst Victoria rolled her eyes.

Both of them sit at the front of the boat waiting for two others to join from the group still standing.

Two boys approach them and looked towards the empty seats.

Boy: do you mind if we sit hear?

Regulus squints his eyes at them as he looks them over causing the boys to fidget nervously.

Victoria: fine

She sighed as the boys got in and looked to see everyone was now in a boat and they started moving along the lake.

Victoria: woah

Regulus eyes seemed to sparkle as he looked around the area as he spots the school illuminated in candle and moon light he nudges Victoria and points towards the castle.

Victoria: beautiful

Regulus: yeah it is

Both eyes were filled with wonder as they continued to look at the school. Everyone else were also looking at the school in wonder and fascination.

The first years are shown walking up the stairs towards a waiting Minerva who was tapping her fingers against the stone a scroll in one hand.

"Minnie!"

"Boys what have I said?!" Minerva exclaimed narrowing her eyes at them

"Not to call you Minnie" the Marauders replied.

McGonnagall: welcome to Hogwarts, now in a few moments you will pass through these doors but before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses, they are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and slytherin and while you are here your house will be like your family, your triumphs will earn you points, any rule breaking and you will lose points, at the end of the year the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, the sorting ceremony will begin momentarily.

After that she walked away and back into the hall.

"That's the same speech as last year professor" Lilly stated whilst looking at her head of house. Students of other years also nodded with her even the students that graduated.