First night

The Ravenclaw prefects are shown in front of the first years as they walk a long the hallway that leads to the start of a spiral staircase that they begin to walk up.

Other houses jaws dropped and some exclaimed "you walk all the way up there everyday!" Which earned laughs from the house of Rowena Ravenclaw.

The first years follow them up some looking up to see how far the stairs go and widening their eyes.

When they reached the end of the staircase they came to a stop at a door that held no handle or keyhole but a bronze knocker in the shape of a eagle.

Prefect: now to enter the common room you don't need a password like the other houses but you must solve a riddle to gain entry.

He turned towards the door and the eagle opened its mouth to talk

Eagle: The more of me you have, the longer your life, the more of me you have, the less you have left. What am I?

He turned back to the first years and gestured for them to give an answer though when no one answered he sighed ready to give the answer when Victoria said her answer louder then she meant to.

Victoria: heartbeats

This caused the door to open and the people around her to stare with aww in their eyes all wondering how she knew the answer.

A Slytherin looked towards the girl who was grinning "how did you know that so quickly?" She asked a hint of jealousy in her voice.

Victoria tucked a piece of hair behind her ear before replying "I read a lot at home and I remember seeing the riddle in a book once." This caused Regulus to laugh and kiss her Collarbone gaining a sigh from the girl who flushed deep red.

When they stepped into the common room and onto the blue carpet their eyes scanned around in wonder as they took in the rows and rows of books, the telescope that looked up to the night sky, the large stone fireplace that held a flame of blue fire, and the two set of stairs that lead up to the dorms.