part 3

"Sorry, we're closed," Pops yells to down the stairs.
A gunshot is heard from downstairs. "Where is the girl?" A woman yells while throwing things in the floor.
"Daisy hide in the bathroom call the police." He hands me my phone that was on the coffee table before leaving the room with his pistol tucked into his belt.
I wanted to tell him to stay but I didn't have the chance to tell him before his blood splattered into the floor.

I wake with a jolt shaking and sweaty. I run to the restroom and vomit.
"Daisy?" Peter stands by the door with dark circles under his eyes. "Peter, what are you doing up?" I wipe my mouth with a wash rag.
"I couldn't sleep." He walks in and hugs me tight. "Are you going to be alright?" He rubs my back comforting.
I nod into his chest.
"Do you think Mister Stark hates me? I mean I never even told him Aunt May when she died." He rambles on until I squeeze his arm. "No, he could never hate you Peter." I declare quietly.
"Is he still adopting you?" I ask a few moments later.
I don't want to be alone again. "Yes. Me, you, and Ella." He assures me. "I'm glad; an orphanage isn't the best place to live." I smile softly.
"Mister Stark is helping to properly fix the orphanage." Goosebumps appear on my skin as he pulls away from the warm hug.
"That's amazing" Another smile appears on my face.
Peter stands offering his hand. "You need to get some warm clothes on before you get sick."
I take his hand and pull myself up. Once back in our room Peter tosses me a jacket over the privacy curtain. "Mister Stark gave it to me but you need it more."
I don't complain as I change into a black long sleeve shirt with fitted sleeves and my only pair of blue jeans that used to fit but now are two sizes too big and my black sneakers Pops had gotten me.
I pull the curtain back after I pull my arms through the sleeves of the very warm jacket as someone knocks on the door.
Peter looks at me and I nod. "Come in." Peter calls out.
Mister Stark walks in our room. His eyes land on me then Peter.
"Good thing the walls and heat are going to be fixed. Why is your bed wet?" His eyes land on my still damp bed.
"Water" I answer briefly. Looking down hugging my stomach.
"Daisy?" Peter questions. "I'm fine." I had the crap beat out of me a few days ago and I'm cold. I zip the jacket up to my neck before hugging myself again. "Cold?" Mister Stark asks.
"I've survived worse." I reply nonchalantly without thinking. "Survived worse?" Mister Stark's eyebrow raises. "I don't need your pity. It won't change the past. What happened, happened. Nothing will ever change that." I use a cold quiet tone to hide the fact I'm trembling. December 23rd. The day more people died because of me. I bite the inside my cheek and close my eyes.
"Will you come with us?" Peter asks suddenly.
"Where to?" I ask opening my eyes. "To live at the Avengers tower." Mister Stark answers him with a semi-bored concerned voice.
I nod slowly before sitting down.
No need to stand if I won't even met their eyes.
"Pack up and we'll leave." He says kindly before leaving the room.
"I'll pack your things for you." Peter states matter-of-factly before grabbing my duffle bag and gently placing my clothes and book inside. "Are you ready?" Peter asks me.
I nod once and stand.
I grab my bag and follow Peter down the stairs.
I smile seeing Ella and ,Mister Stark's daughter, Morgan sitting at the table playing candy land.
Mister Stark stands beside them moving a red game piece. Morgan giggles as he lands in a licorice space. "Daddy losses a turn." Morgan giggles before pulling herself a card.
"Daisy!" Ella yells with optimism when she sees me. "Mister Stark is adopting us." She yells while jumping on me.
I grit my teeth in pain but still smile at her.
"Yes he is." I boop her on the nose. "He also is fixin everthang." She points to the people who are working on the hot water heater in the kitchen.
"Yes, Mister Stark is a good person." I says sincerely, hoping he hears my quiet voice.
"He is ironman." She says amazed. "The arc reactor gave it away." I state quietly.
"There is a faint glow." I barley look over before I hear the door open. I place Ella down preparing for a fight. I see three people walk in. A redhead, a blonde, and a brunette.
"Who are you?" I raise my hands. "Friends of Stark." The woman says in a heavy Russian accent.
"How do I know I can trust you?" I place my arm in front of Ella. I see her eyes soften. "My name is Natasha Romanoff. This is my friend Clint Barton." I lower my arm."-The old man is Steve Rogers." The blonde Burnett crosses his arms and stares at her.
"More Avengers. Ella you can go play if you like." She smiles up at me before going back to the little Stark. "How do you- Peter." Clint stares at him.
"I know everything." My voice lowers back before I fidget with my fingers. "So who are you?" Miss Romanoff asks.
"My name is Daisy." I hear a soft meow. "and this is Midnight" I smile at my cat. I bend down against my body's wishes to pick my fluffy black cat up.
"You have a cat?" Mister Stark says surprised. "Yes I do. I've had her since she was 2 weeks old. Her mother was dead but somehow Midnight survived the cold."
She purrs happily as I pet behind her ears.
"Aww!" Morgan walks beside me.
"Can I pet her?" She asks timidly. Midnight tilts her head to her direction.
I nod and hand her Midnight. "So soft" She gently pets Midnight with a smile.
"She's very friendly." I speak softly. "Daddy can Daisy bring her home?" She asks with wide innocent eyes.
"As long as Midnight doesn't tear the furniture." Mister Stark says.
"Or you could buy more." Miss Romanoff states bluntly. "
"There is that." Mister Stark shrugs. "Auntie Nat." Morgan smiles at her. I see her kneel to the girls level to pet Midnight.
"She is soft." Miss Romanoff smiles at her.  
I spot Miss Lori sitting at the table playing old maid with the other 5 children that are remaining.
I feel a tug in my chest.
There isn't a reason for me to leave anymore.                                                     
If you stay they'll just get killed as well.
They were hurt because of you because you are a witch.
If you leave the avengers will get killed as well.
Why don't you just find-

I jump at that sick voice in my head. "Daisy?" Peter had moved in-front of me. "I'm going outside." I push him away mentally, the only useful thing I can do.
"You'll get sick again." He protests.
"I- I just need to clear my head."
I keep walking with a light tremble. "That doesn't change the fact you'll get sick." Mister Stark states.
I walk out the door as the cold bite of winter hits me.
I continue walking until I get to the stream I found while coming out here with pops.
Just the thought of him makes me want to break down.
I decide to sit on the large flat rock just beside it with my legs crossed and eyes closed.
Just breathing deeply and listening to the water brings me some peace.
I jump to my feet once I feel someone behind me.
"Miss Daisy." Mister Rogers holds out another jacket, the one Miss Romanoff was wearing.
I shake my head.
"I'm fine. It's not that cold." I tap my fingers together on my left hand. "Your shaking?" He points the obvious out.
I put the jacket on but leave it unzipped for I'm still wearing Mister Stark's jacket.
"None of this is your fault." He says after a long silence. I shoot him a glare.
"You will never understand." My voice cracks. "You will never understand what I been through."
I remember the dream I had of a purple creature and everyone turning into dust.
"Please help me understand." I shake my head. "I can't trust you. I can't even trust myself."