Part 7

"Hey kid." Someone gently shakes me awake.
I grumble as I open my eyes.
Mister Stark still sits in the chair beside me.
I feel a small weight around my shoulders.
A blanket?
"I fell asleep." I slowly stretch my arms over my head.
"It's about noon and Nat cooked something."
I fold the blanket and place it in the chair I was sitting in.
"Thank you." I nod to the blanket.
"Come on kid before we have an angry super soldier down here."
As if on cue someone knocks loudly on his door.
"Tony come on." Nat yells from outside the door.
"Jarvis let her in." Tony sighs as the red head walks inside.
"We said you wouldn't set a bad example with Daisy and Ella." She crosses her arms before her eyes meets mine.
"I feel asleep." I rub my eyes once more.
She looks me over one and sees the bowl we brought down here.
"Let's go upstairs." Mister Stark states.
I nod as I grab our bowl and walk out.
Peter sits beside Ella as they talk about cartoons as I sit beside him.
"Hey Days." Peter knowledge's me after I fix my plate with the food infront of us.
I nod with a small smile.
"You should come to the lab." I tell him.
"I was there after you fell asleep."
"Oh. Did you see the designs?"
"Yeah. I like the idea but what about trying the nano tech shield with a bracelet instead."
I rest my chin in the palm of my hand. "Yeah I was thinking that too." And there can be multiple rings that can turn into metal fists. Maybe three rings.
I bring out a paperback notebook and pencil and find myself sketching out a rough draft and taking notes.
"We're going shopping later. We need to get you some shoes and more clothes." Mister Stark states.
Should I tell them? Will they freak out? Or will they be like pop's and Lisa?
I look at them all in turn as I place my notebook away.
"Daisy what's wrong. Is it the store we can shop online if you want." Wanda says sadly.
"I want you guys to know there's something different about me."
Everyone stops talking including Ella.
"I um..." My voice fades out as I build the courage to speak.
"I don't want anyone to view me differently." I don't want you guys to fear me.
"Why would we do that?" Bucky asks quietly.
I take a shakey breath.
"I'm a mutant." I whisper.
Everyone looks at me confused.
"I. Am a mutant." I say louder this time.
"A mutant?" Wanda repeats.
I nod slowly. "I know how to control my abilities."
"What can you do?" Mister Stark states out of curiosity.
"I can. Create protective barriers and glass-like shards I can use as weapons and I..." A lump fills with throat as I have to force myself to look away.
"Are you okay?" Peter places a hand on my shoulder.
I nod with tears in my eyes. "I can see the future." I look back up as they remain calm and quiet. They don't... They don't look mad or scared. They don't disgusted either.
"Daisy?" Loki asks in a slightly raised voice.
I look back up noticing the small tears sliding down my face.
"I'm... F- fine." I state thickly through my emotions.
Peter turns and hugs me tight. "You were brave and they aren't mad or afraid of you. Alot of us here are mutants too."
"I know... I just... You guys don't hate me?"
Their faces fall.
"Why would we hate you?" Mister Rogers questions with disbelief.
"I uh..." I freeze and squeeze my eyes shut. "Peter, pop's, and Lisa were the only ones ,that knew, who accepted me..." I open my eyes still in shock. "... Before you guys." I smile faintly before Peter releases me.
"We know someone." Mister Banner says slowly. "Someone who knows more about this. If you need some advice about this."
I nod. "I'll like to meet this person."
Mister Stark nods before bringing out his phone.
"Stephen there is someone that would like to meet you." He states before Stephen can even say hello.
"We also want you to meet her." Mister Stark states more as a demand
"Tomorrow at 4." He tells the man on the phone before he hangs up.
"Alright then. You kids ready to go." He states casually.
I nod as I pat my jacket.
"I forgot my phone again." I sigh as I walk back up the stairs and find Midnight and my phone on my bed.
"I'll see you later girl." I scratch behind her ears before I put on my jacket and sneakers.
I walk back down the stairs.
I find myself smiles at Loki's illusions he has displayed for Ella. Her eyes sparkle as she asks him questions.
I quietly move closer to the illusion of the castle and listen to Thor finish the story he was telling Ella before they notice me.
"Are you ready?" Mister Stark questions.
I nod my head and wave to everyone as we walk to the elevator with Peter, Ella, and Morgan.