45. The wall comes down

After the meeting was over, during which Nesta and Eve sat quietly, not saying a word, the Night Court was shown their quarters. It looked magnificent. And so comforting, Eve thought. So different from the Night Court. She had not been joking when she had mused she might just move here to Az.

Eve nodded once towards Nesta before heading towards one of the bedrooms. After spending so much time among the High Lords, she needed a breather. Ignoring everything else, she sat on the balcony's edge and stared into space, her mind blank for the first time in ages for which she was infinitely glad. No thoughts ran rampant in her mind- about anyone or anything- and her eyes went in and out of focus, watching the sun's rays filter through the clouds.

But, not all things last. Her peace was soon disturbed by a purposeful Nesta striding into her room. Eve didn't say anything- simply looked at her. "Do you feel anything?" At this Eve' brow quirked. "You will have to be more specific." Nesta huffed in annoyance, "I feel something uncomfortable and as if- the king is going to do something with the Cauldron-" Nesta looked at her helplessly.

Eve shook her head, slowly standing up. "It must be due to your practice that you feel this or due to whatever powers.... Come on, we need to inform the others. For precaution if nothing else."

They entered the room to find Helion sitting lazily in one of the chairs. Not paying any heed to him, Nesta turned towards her sister. "We need to leave," Nesta said. "Right now." Everybody tensed as the words left her mouth. "Why?" Feyre questioned. "It feels wrong. Something feels wrong."

Feyre looked around before answering, "Rhys and the others would sense it. You're likely just picking up on all the power gathered here."

"Something is wrong," Nesta insisted. "I'm not doubting you feel that way but ... If none of the others are picking it up-" Feyre said.

Eve shook her head. "We are not like you. What Nesta means is something is going on with It. The goddamned Cauldron," Feyre looked a bit uncomfortable at that. Feyre was about to answer when Cassian came in. He studied Nesta for a bit before asking what happened. As soon as she told him, stiffening a bit, Cassian contemplated and went out to find Rhys.

Around an hour might have passed by when they finally returned with heads shaking- yet, Nesta couldn't shake the feeling that had settled into her bones.

The rest of the day and the next was spent in almost silence. Eve only talked to Cassian and Nesta- a few words here and there. Other than that, for some reason, she felt so, so tired. Az had silently sat beside her the entire evening- concerned when she ate only a bite that night. Mor had tried to convince her to eat more but Eve had stubbornly shaken her head. They had offered to take her home then but she had simply shaken her head at that too, claiming a night's rest would fix everything.

The next day at the Dawn Court was spent with a nauseated stomach for Eve. It must've been something she had eaten the previous night but, no one else seemed affected nor was she allergic to anything. Shrugging it off, Eve made her way to the room with everyone else, clad in an ink blue gown that stuck to her body in all the right places and had more than enough space for a dagger or two.

Maybe it was Nesta' warning the previous day or something else, but Eve' unease seemed to grow.

Squirming a bit, Eve sat next to Az who gave her a small smile, reassuring her. Eve only nodded, she could not find it in herself to speak or to do anything except sit unnaturally still.

Her stomach was churning and before she knew it, she got up from her place and went near the reflection pool, falling down to the side as she hurled. Nesta soon joined her. Eve was distantly aware of someone holding her- Az probably-but her ears snagged at the Cauldron which seemed to call her- a distant melody full of entices.

Her eyes closed on their own accord and Eve knew she was dreaming- or having a vision of sorts.

The Cauldron came near her. "Hello Eve", it seemed to purr. "What did you do?" Eve asked, she tried opening her eyes but to no avail. "I wanted to see how far you have come," it crooned and she felt It readying it' power. "What are you doing?" Eve snarled at It when she felt power shudder past her, electrifying her. "Just having fun." It seemed to shrug- if it was possible for It to do so. "Why am I here." Eve pressed. "I was curious," came the answer. Curious about what? Eve wondered. Before she could voice whatever else had been on her mind, the Cauldron spoke again, "We will meet again my friend," and with that, Eve was hurled back to the reality where she was met with pale, gaping faces.

Az was still holding her, a terrified borderline concerned look on his face. His shadows had encased her and some could be seen moving with jerky movements around them. "I'm fine," Eve said, a bit hoarsely.

She then looked past him, through the shadows, towards Rhys whogulped. "The King of Hybern just used the Cauldron to attack the wall." Eve'breath hitched. "The wall is gone. Shattered. Across Prythian, and on thecontinent. We were too late- too slow. Hybern just destroyed the wall." 

Happy reading :)

XOXO,

the amazing author who has a project submission in 2 days and has to yet start with her experiment ! Damn procrastination