Ah Yes... A Calm Bus Ride

Luke's POV

I stared out the window as tress go past. Rain dripped down the window as the bus drove along the road. Through the chaos I forgot we were in America, we left our hot summer for this bitter winter. I pulled my coat closer to my chest.

Amanda sat next to me, she was practically staring holes through the book she was reading. Sunday lay across the two chairs in front of us, her soft breathing echoed around the silent bus.

I sat still for a while until my knee stared to bounce as my ADHD started acting up. I look around the bus for something to distract me.

Siting at the front of the bus was a woman who looked around 40, she sat looking at what I assumed was her phone. To our left was an elderly man who like me only a minute ago was staring out the rain beaded windows.

After a while of mindless silence, the bus stopped, I whipped the condensation from the glass. There was a sign that had a town name that I couldn't read from this distance.

A small tin bus stop shelter sat alongside the road like the ones we have back at home. The woman and elderly man gathered their stuff and headed for the door. "Hey Amanda, how many more stops do we have?" I asked as the bus's doors closed and we moved forwards.

Amanda looked up at me as she fished out a folded piece of paper from her pocket. She squinted for a moment at the bus schedule. "I think its two? yeah two".

"Thanks" I say with a smile. She looked back to her book. "What are you reading? "I asked as I tilted my head to get a better look at the book. Amanda sighed "it's about the south mountains, (A/N I have no idea about the geography around New York please just go with it! And don't kill me!) we need to know as much as possible about where we are going" I nod unsure what to say.

"soooo..." my voice echo's around the now empty bus. Amanda sighs as she closes her book "Luke are you seriously that bored?". I slowly look at her face, rubbing the back of my neck nervously "sorry"

"it's ok. Now you wanted to say something?" Amanda's piercing blue eyes stared into my green. "yeah actually, I was thinking" I look down at my hands "I never really thanked you for helping me with Alex, back in capture the flag"

Amanda smiles "oh its no problem. It was time I taught her a lesson! She's annoyed me for years".

"umm Amanda?" my voice once again echoing, "yes?" she asked the smile fading from her face as she saw my expression. "Why don't you like fighting?".

(a/n Continues to not write anything for 5months haha sorry about that!)

Amanda's eyes seemed to fog as she stared at her hands. "umm Amanda I'm sorry I ..." I began to apologise. "no... no its ok!" Amanda looks up with a small smile on her face, It didn't reach her eyes "it was just... something in my past".

Amanda turned, deep in thought, I decided to let the subject go for now. My eyes found their way back towards the blurred trees as they fly past the windows. A dark shadow caught my eye, it was running along-side the bus between the trees.

I was about to turned to Amanda and tell her when it disappeared. I shook it off, its probably just some American animal, do they have bears around here? My thoughts were broken by Sunday's chipper voice.

"Luke! Hey Luke! Are we nearly there? I'm bored!" she was looking over the back of her seat. "2 more stops I think, right Amanda?" I said looking towards the halfblood in question. She opened her mouth to say something, but the bus suddenly stopped, throwing us all forwards in our seats.

I slowly rise, my head spinning "what was..." Amanda roughly put her hand over my mouth. I could hear a set of foot sets crunching on the ground outside the bus.

Amanda looked between me and Sunday panicked, as a shadow passed the window. She motioned for us to stay in our seats and began to move towards the front of the bus. She checked the driver who I assumed was knocked out due to his lack of response.

Amanda started back towards us, trying not to make noise. As I reached for my bag to retrieve my dagger the whole side of the bus was ripped off. The sound of scraping metal echoed through the dim woods as a massive figure threw the side of the bus on the road.

A massive arm reached in through the gaping hole in the side of the bus wrapping around my arm. I could hear a snap followed by a blinding pain. Tears gathered in my eyes, biting my tongue I looked around trying to figure out what happened.

(a/n continues to not write for an ETERNITY after promising it would be updated in a few day.... woops... my bad)

I was hanging from my arm 8 feet off the ground, my arm was being crushed in a giants hand. A GIANTS HAND!!!

The creature holding me up was a giant man, his whole body from what I can see is covered in tattoos.

I try not to scream as I get yanked by my probably broken arm, to be face to face with the Giant.

"little halfblood will be good dinner"

A/N 

ANNNNDDD a few million years later I am back! finished year 12 now! Decided to actually upload what I have! So here you go! Your welcome! a cliff hanger! wooooo..... 

Peace out :D