And so the quest begins

Grover's POV:

" I'll miss you juniper" I kiss her cheek. " I'll be home soon" "be safe" she says, with a tear in her beautiful green eye. I hug her for a long time, before picking up my bag and put my reed pipes around my neck. I packed lots of snacks like tin cans, it's been a while since I've gone on a quest so I was unsure what to bring. I pull up my loose pants covering my bottom half and straightened my big hat that covered my horns, which is difficult, they aren't as small as they used to be. I make on more wave behind my back towards my wife. And starting to make my way to the big hill, to meet Nico.

Nico deAngelo, dam I haven't had a conversation with Nico since the second titan war. I am very nervous to go on a quest with him, he makes me uneasy. Don't tell him I said that! I am really excited to see Annabeth and Percy after 14 years though, it's been so long. As I walk and think the ground starts to slope up.

When I got to the top of the hill I notice I'm the only one here, I sat down, pull off my reed pipe and play one of my favourite songs. "wow your really good at that" I jump and look Around for the voice. A fugue come out of the shadow of the tree, it was Nico dam I forgot he could do that. I stand staring at him. Nico stared at me awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck. Nico has grown a lot, he isn't a little 14 year old anymore he was now a fully grown 28 year old, and of course being a saytr I look younger then I actually am, he really intimidated me, with both his powers and sense of death he radiated.

I clear my throat "nice to see you Nico" I say smiling. A ghost of a smile crossed his pale face. "Shall we go? Are we taking a car or..."I start but my mind wandered off. Nico looks at me and smiles "I was actually thinking we could maybe umm... shadow travel?" I think my face turned three shades paler. "Ummm..." before I could finish i hear a voice shout. " WAIT!" We both turn to look down the hill, running up the side of the hill was a blond halfblood with blue eyes, probably a child of Apollo. We wait till he runs to the top the hill.

"What do you want Will?" Nico asked slightly annoyed! So this is the Will, the Will Solace that is practically I charge of the infirmary. " I talked to Chiron and we both think I should come with you guys" Nico smiles slightly, but when he saw me looking at him, the smile dropped from his face, "why?" he asked Will. "First of all me and Chiron both thought it would be safer to bring a healer with you and a quest has to have three people right?". "He has a point" I say as I look to Nico who nods.

After checking we had everything Nico cleared his throat "So just umm.... grab my hands and I'll shadow travel us to Sally's house" Nico instructed, i went pale again and strayed to sweat, I get really sick really easily. Will looks at me and says "no". Nico looked at him in shock. " Nico I think we should take the car" Will looks at me and back a Nico "to be safer" Nico stares blankly at Will for a long time "fine I'll get Argus". Nico run down the hill and into the big house.

"Umm thanks man" I said looking and my feet. "No problem" he replied he put his hand on my shoulder " we all get scared sometimes, that's why I came, I got scared that Nico would get hurt" I looked at him and smiled " it's not just shadow traveling I'm scared of, I am worried for Annabeth and Percy" I whisper. " I'm worried too, but we are talking about the Percy and Annabeth! They'll be fine".

It was at that moment I actually took a long look at Will. He had bright blond hair, bright blue eyes and was way taller then Nico. He wore a green hoody and jeans, an orange camp backpack and had two of the camp beaded necklace, his first one being too full of beads he had to have another. His clothes we very different from mine, mine being baggy pants to hide my goat legs and favourite rainbow tie dye shirt.

Will after a few minutes became uncomfortable and took his hand of my shoulder "Soo, it's Grover right? Nice to meet you" Will said confidently and thrusted out his hand. I shake it "nice to finally meet you, Percy told me a lot about you!" We stood in silent until Nico came running up the hill. I realised how different Nico and Will actually were. Nico wore black, well pretty much everything and wore a big aviator jacket, the child of hades was much shorter then Will and had black hair and dark brown eyes, opposed to the child of Apollo's blond hair and blue eyes.

Together we headed to where Argus was with the car, at the bottom of the hill. And started the long drive from Long Island to New York. Great I guess I am third wheeling again! Here we come guys, please don't be angry at us.

A/n
Hey guys, sorry for the long chapter, it was just setting it up! I hope you are enjoying the story! I please comment and vote! I love you all.

Peace out bros,
Piggy3000 the potato queen