Chapter 23 - Behind Enemy Lines

23. October 2061 8:30, G&K base in sector J13, special squads coordinator's room

Mikel and Super SASS are back in coordination room. This is rather small, soundproofed room next to main operation room. At mentioned operation room everyone was at their heels, trying to plan best tactic according to enemies' setup, but in Mikel's room was absolute silence. Mikel observed what's going on with AR and 404 team on his computer, while SASS was next to him making same thing.

"Isn't it too much? They will reach base in 10 minutes, so there is no need to be so concentrated on the video." SASS finally asked

For her, observing teams since they come into SF territory was pointless.

"No, it's what HQ should always do. HQ needs to know what exactly going on with their teams and since I have possibility to do it, I want to use it." Mikel answered while looking at big computer's screen.

Then SASS' gaze came back to her computer's screen and she continued observing AR team's surroundings with boredom.

After a while M4 said through comms:

"AR team at position, ready to go in."

"Understood, wait for orders." Mikel answered with cold, yet professional voice

"Roger, M4 out."

Not more than minute later UMP 45 reported same thing. Afterwards Mikel used walkie-talkie to communicate with commander Vladimir.

"Commander, AR team and 404 team on their positions, ready to strike."

"Roger, wait for my order." answered Aleksandrovich

"Roger that, Mikel out."

Then Mikel put his walkie-talkie at desk, between him and SASS.

"AR team, 404 team, stay alert at your surroundings, operation starts in 15 minutes."

"Roger." answered M4 and 45' in unison

"Man it's so frustrating, that I can't use my right hand. I would love to be there too."

Mikel said that, and left big sigh making SASS giggle a bit.

"Why are you laughing, SASS?" he asked

"You are just like Vector. She always want to fight, no matter what. She cares only about her  battle performance."

Then Mikel smiled slightly.

"Maybe you are right, but as commando it's my duty to fight."

SASS smiled at him and got back to watching video at her screen.

About 10 minutes later.

"Mikel, do you copy?" 

Commander Vladimir's voice slightly scared Mikel, because everything he heard for past 10 minutes was steady humming of computers.

"Yes, sir." he answered after grabbing his walkie-talkie

"Operation will start in 2 minutes. Let 404 and AR team be ready."

"Roger." 

Then he pushed PTT button on microphone connected to his laptop.

"Here is HQ, commander Mikel. AR team and 404 team prepare yourselves to fight. Operation 'Striking Meteors' will start in 2 minutes. You will move out 3 minutes later."

"Roger that." again M4 and 45' answered in unison

2 minutes later commander Vladimir started his short speech through walkie-talkie.