Chapter 26 - Through the Gates of Hell

27. October 2061 10:58

Strike group, named as "Vanguard" squad waited at their positions, between two G&K armies - "Dragon" and "Griffon". Those armies have to attack Sangvis Ferri's forces at sectors J05 and K12. Vanguard have to slip between two battlefields and go into enemy's territory.

"One minute to attack." said Oleksandra with serious voice

"Right." answered Mikel

They were talking through walkie-talkie, that was set on very low frequency. That frequency shouldn't be readable for SF forces more than 100 meters away. All teams were in their vehicles, ready to depart.

"Are you nervous?" asked STAR

"Yes, I am. At last we need to get through well prepared defense line without being spotted, it's not something you do within cars." answered Mikel, making Eora and STAR laugh slightly

"You know, that we done this before?" said Eora

"I know, but Sangvis' forces are tighter, than before. Moreover we were spotted by them, when we got out and got into their territory, we just weren't much threat for them."

"Leader, storm will start in 10 seconds." said RO through comms, interrupting Mikel's, Eora's and STAR's talk

"Understood, everyone get ready." 

When Mikel said that, every member of strike force prepared their weapons and after mentioned 10 seconds massive artillery fire fell on enemies' positions. After 3 minutes of intense artillery fire, gunshots could be heard everywhere. 

G&K troops started attacking Sangvis Ferri's positions with everything they have. Tanks' 120 mm cannons shots could be hardly heard, because of overwhelming sound of guns shots. After about 2 minutes gunshots started to be much quieter.

"Let's go." Mikel ordered and his only answer was engine start sounds from every vehicle in convoy.

They slowly started moving onward, while Eora, Super SASS, NTW-20, SV-98 and human snipers were looking at their surroundings. 

After about 2 minutes of slow ride, they reached one of Sangvis Ferri watchtower. There were 10 Jaegers at there, but they didn't saw Vanguard's vehicles. 

"Everyone stop, snipers out." ordered Mikel

After 5 seconds snipers were standing outside of their vehicles, ready for further orders.

"There is watchtower in front of us. You need to kill every enemy in it, but before that you need to destroy their radio. Eora reported, that it's on the ground."

"Roger." they answered and moved to find good sniping positions

After about one minute Eora said:

"Mikel, everyone is ready at their positions, we are waiting for order to shot."

"Understood, I will start countdown then."

"Roger."

When Mikel ended his countdown 6 shots could be heard and immediately 3 Jaegers got killed. One of remaining Jaeger was on the ground and tried to contact other SF units, but radio has fallen, so everything she could do was taking bullet at her head.

After 3 salves, RO reported:

"All enemies down, good job."

"Alright, then go back to cars and we will move on." added Mikel

"Roger." answered snipers in unison

When next 5 minutes pass, they were at edge of the forest and they saw two SF regiments, that were running toward "Dragon"'s battlefield.