Everything You Do Is Alright

Emma

"Hey, Em? Can I talk to you?" I heard Dylan say from outside my bedroom door. I sighed and cracked open the door just enough to see his face, his eyes filled with pity and regret.

"Don't talk to me, Dylan." I said, slamming the door in his face.

"Please. I need to talk to you." Dylan said. "I'm sorry, Em. I'm sorry for how I acted this afternoon."

"Deeds, not words. Show me that you're sorry instead of dropping to your knees outside my door and begging me for pity." I said.

"AND HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO THAT, EMMALINE?" Dylan snapped.

"I DON'T KNOW, DON'T TELL ME THAT I DON'T DESERVE A PARTNER? HOW'S THAT SOUND?" I yelled.

"Woah! Woah! Why are you two arguing?" Whizzer asked, opening the door all the way so I was staring directly in Dylan's eyes. "What happened?"

"Dylan's a jerk."

"Hey!"

"Okay! Can you two talk this out like mature young adults? Emma, what happened?"

"Oh, so now you're on her side?" Dylan snapped. Whizzer sighed and said, "I'm on no one's side, I'm just trying to get both of your sides of the story before I punish either of you or get mad. Emma, go."

"So, you know how both of us have a crush? Yeah, Niki and I are dating now, and Dylan got pissed and then yelled at me and said I didn't deserve a partner and now I'm mad at him." I said.

"Listen, the only reason I did that was because I was jealous. I was jealous that you got a partner and I didn't, and I was jealous that Niki was so happy that you confessed your love to them, while Caleb just froze up and ran away from me. I'm sorry."

"But...you didn't have to tell me that I didn't deserve to be happy. That actually really hurt my feelings, and I'm still slightly pissed that you said that to me. I mean, I understand why you did that, but it still hurts."

"I really regret what I did." Dylan said. "I'm sorry." He gave me a big hug and said, "I love you, little sis."

"You're younger by ten minutes, but good job. I love you so much, Pickle."

"I love you so much too, but never call me that again or I will literally punch you."

"Shut up and accept the hug."