6:06

Meanwhile - Last Night; Hu Tao and Xiao

-

Hu Tao laid her beret on the bed's mattress. Sitting there lively, Hu Tao has seen the subtle yet obvious drastic change on her best friend. She supposes it's because of Venti.

The calm Xiao, is now a nervous one. Considering Hu Tao has met every woman or man he ever hung out with, she has never seen him in such a shape.

Hu Tao sighed, leaning onto the bed frame, she looked at the shivering Xiao. "Hey, are you okay?" She asked.

Xiao shook his head, turning it to the girl. "Yes, I am." Hu Tao looked down, "You're not. Now, what's wrong?" She asked again, in a more serious tone, only once had someone ever seen.

Xiao just sighed, feeling like tears will fall down. "Are you sure?"

"Xiao, you're one of my bestest friends. I would sacrifice everything to make you feel comfortable." She smiled, knowing that won't seem to decrease his nervousness. "What I'm trying to say is, let it all out. I'm here."

Xiao widened his eyes, facing the girl. She had her arms open, asking like it was okay to cry to her. "I'm-" He couldn't hold it all in, basically. His tears falling, like a waterfall. Streams of tears rummaging on his face,

Within his cries, he mumbled "T-thank you..-"

--

"Oh, it's you. Good morning."

"Where's Hu Tao?" Venti asked Xiao. It didn't seem like he's with Hu Tao, or something.

Xiao groaned, "She- Is sick."

"Oh my! Is she okay? What happened?" Venti gasped, leaving nothing but worried questions.

"No.. she's fine. Just restricted to go here till she's fully okay..."

"Oh.. okay," Venti smiled, still worried for the girl. — Considering how they're all Venti's first few friends, it was normal to worry.

A yet again, awkward silence arose through this conversation, standing still in the gates, looking at each other from eye to eye. Feeling like they were about to explode.

Trying to break the silence, Venti asked Xiao if he would like to accompany him to the music chambers. Of course, Xiao agreed and they proceeded to go.

"What are we doing here?" Xiao asked, looking at the boy, happily getting the flute. "This place, the person that guided me through the whole academy, said that since I like music, I can use this chamber anytime."  Venti smiled, holding up to the flute and slightly blowing it.

The tune, so heavenly, it can make anyone fall asleep. The melody it brings, the output of how much effort it took for them to gladly perfect it, it was all so amazingly worth it – Not that Xiao knows or anything!

Xiao sits on one of the chairs beside them, leaving Venti to continue his music. — It's like, the music is saving him from his regrets. Like nothing is happening here, just the two of them. The two of them. – The fact that the lingering feeling still is inside them, this wasn't all to be meant 'fun' because, people would still barge in their relationship, whether it's platonic or romantic.

As seconds go by, Venti was already finished. "Hmm. That was nice." He said.

"I agree."

"Would you like to play the flute? I can teach you if you want!"

Xiao was amazed on how sociably active this person is. Even if he isn't, the amount of people he has talked to were almost everyone at campus. – As future beholds, their secrets prevail. The amount of effort it will be for them to fall in love, moreover, confess. Hence, they are too dumb for this.

When a person, per say, a royal? Meets another royal, it was bound to assume they are engaged. Their fate has been decided since the beginning, and since Hu Tao, and not ever any of the aristocrats were royals. As one say, this is a hint of love.

"The way you're holding the flute.. the stance.." Xiao mumbled, literally having pink specks in his face. "Thank you, I've been learning ever since I was a child." Venti smiled.

"Also, you know Rex Lapis, right?"

"Mhm, what about Rex Lapis?"

"Well, you could say an old buddy wants to meet him." Venti snickered, knowing Xiao won't know it.

Xiao tilted his head. "Eh?"

Venti waved his hands, putting it on his back after. "Well, I've been friends with him since childhood. Though our age differences, he's a good person!" He whistled.

"You're friends with him?"

"I am. Kind of.."

The confusion still struck him. Leaving no mind, he realizes how long they have been inside the room. He mentally curses and runs off like a hooligan.

Venti looked surprises but gave the boy a break. He didn't follow him or anything no, he was just there standing. – After a few minutes or so, he actually just shrugged it off and chuckled, oh how he adored the boy. Even if they just met, it was like he knew him ever since he was a child.

"Hehe, how lovely he is." He blushed on how obvious his feelings were, love at first sight, they say?

Yeah no. They have a thing called, not realizing it until they actually in-depth now each other.

But we don't talk about that.

Then, he realizes how late he is from class. Venti sweats, maybe.. he can get a slip from the head.. Yeah.. maybe.

He zooms to his class, seeing his teacher not there yet. He exhales the breath he was holding and goes to his designated seat.

"Second day, and you are already late?" His classmate and seatmate said.

Venti huffed, "Sorry,"

His seatmate laughed, "It's fine, Venti. Just don't do it again, otherwise, miss would be very furious at you."

"Yes of course."

"Anyways, yeah. Heard you hung out with the prince." The classmate said, looking at him with a smirk.

"Mhm, yeah. What about it?" Venti asked, confused. "Not necessarily, but how did you approach him? I'm trying to myself."

Okay, that made him stomach twist. Jealousy? No! Of course not. They're just friends to begin with. Plus, it hasn't even been a week since he got here. There could be no possibly that he likes him already.

"Ehe," Venti scratches his head.

"Sorry, I can not help you with that.."

--

"Nice to meet you, I am Venti. Your Fiancé."

"Venti..?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

(check in wit me, real or not real? 🤔🤔)

Also ver short chapter today, i do apologize :'D