00:02

ii.

As both of them sit on the chair, side by side. Their feelings linger. The amount of tries they had to have to breathe normally was.. concerning. — As much as possible, they really have to set their feelings right.

As Venti closes the journal, taking it with him to the head of the library. He turns around seeing a tired out Xiao, staring at the wall.

Venti chuckles, "Are you coming? I am going to leave soon." He asks.

"No, I'm fine. I'm going to stay here for the while." He receives as an answer. Nodding, he goes to the counter where he meets the head of the said library he was in.

The librarian was nice, she was very calm and understanding. Maybe that's why she was hired, but it could also be another reason.

Venti asks if he can borrow the journal. He lend the journal to the librarian to let her check it's contents and if it is suitable to have at home.

The librarian nodded, she checks it and gives it back to Venti, who seems to be smiling.

--

Xiao groans out of exhaustion, he is currently procrastinating whether he should go home or not. It would be best if he does, but his mindset always says no, it's as if something is holding a grudge so that he won't come home. — There was still time till the library closes, so Xiao takes the time to think about it.

As much as he wants to, everything will hold him back entirely. And how much of it is to realize how this is not necessarily right to do. For the most part, he just wants silence for once. Everything around him was all giddy and happy. But he can't be all that, he has a title to serve and do. Everything will be intact. He hopes so.

Venti came into his dark life. How his backstory was unexplainable and yet he still doesn't know Xiao from his memories. It would take time, of course. But that time, everything will be a downfall. Everything will be upside down for the both of them. Everything will be nothing but sadness.

Everything was inevitable, everything is impossible when it comes to true happiness, they yearn for the time it comes. And when it does, they change their preferences and it will never be the same again.

— A few minutes back, who knows what would happen to the boy that left him by the library. But Xiao hopes for the best and everything.. or he means Venti, will be safe and sound.

It was finally time to leave. Hu Tao was waiting outside as she talks with Yanfei, who had contacted her father whilst she was 'sick' and to no reply, got ghosted.

Xiao heard whispers from the two, both giggling. Though he can't properly hear all of the things they said, he heard 'Yeah, he's...'

What a bunch of gossip.

"Goodbye now, Yanfei! See you tomorrow!" Hu Tao winked, going to Xiao after.

"Ew. Homosexuals." Xiao gags jokingly.

Hu Tao chuckles, "It is, as if you're not one yourself." Which caused both of them laughter.

Xiao huffed. Walking beside Hu Tao. "Hm, very funny." He laughs silently.

They both share a laugh before going into the carriage. Looking face-to-face, they were having a staring contest, atleast that's what the driver thinks.

Suddenly, Xiao blinks, leaving Hu Tao slightly laugh. "I win." She says calmly, leaning back.

— "So, how was your day?" Hu Tao asks, fixing her dress and gladly not making eye contact with the boy.