00:01

Maybe sometimes, it can lead to unexpected love. Maybe sometimes, hatred comes delightedly.

i. -

Venti rummages through the books in the library, looking for this particular one. He suspected one of them is a good cause. — He finds a large book, almost the same as the books in their class.

"Prince Venti, what are you doing?" He gets startled as one of his seatmates appear by his side. He looks at them and felt relieved, it was only Xiao. His life went up as he saw the prince.

Venti chuckled, closing his eyes. "Ah, well- This is a-"

"What is that?" Sudden questions arose from Xiao. Not that he was curious, but he has never seen such a book before. Most of the time he would see such a thing was in the castle, where interesting things happen. But this is the academy, what..

Venti silenced himself because of shock. No, he can't do that. He's talking to the prince of the second kingdom.

He hears a sigh from Xiao, "No need for answering. But, may I read with you?"

Venti's cheek turns pink. Grinning like a loser, he nods to the question.

Now here they are, sitting closely together, reading the contents of the book. — Venti feels his heart racing, trying to cover his flushed face with his braids. Which leads to defeat anyway. It didn't matter since Xiao can't even notice it, and he's the closest to Venti as of now.

Trying to breathe, Venti continues to read the insides of it.

"Are you okay?" Xiao asks Venti, looking at the boy with slight worry in his eyes.

Venti felt his heart pounding even more, the worry that was given to him.. was attractive in some kind of way that he cannot explain. Further more, Venti can't speak, instead covers his face with the book and acts like someone is not talking to him.

"Erm, hello?"

"Ah! Xiao I didn't notice you were here!" Venti mentally scolds himself. Of course he knew Xiao was here! He literally agreed on Xiao wanting to read with him.

He smacks his head with his hand, "Sorry. I got startled." He apologizes with a smile.

"Oh. It's fine." Xiao silences for a bit, "May I also see the contents?" He continues, trying not to smile.

Venti, grinning nods speedily. Not even processing what the other even asked.

Xiao smiles, getting closer to the book- Or to Venti.

Venti bites his lower lip, trying not to scream. Though succeeding, he cries internally seeing how close they both are.

The book, was a journal made by two people. Both of them having the initials X and B. It turns out that they were made by two journalists who seemed to have had a bad relationship with eachother. — As boring as it seems, it actually gained interest from the two scholars.

#1 – B

I studied with him since start of this academy. Everything has seemed to be in place yet I feel like he has some grudge.

Our headmistress assigned us to work together and journal our experience with each and other. Though we both agreed, I feel that there is something holding both me and him back.

It was precisely 3:48 when we decided to write this journal. I entirely agreed to write first as he is doing his work assigned by our teachers. – Whilst waiting, not anything has been happening here. It is as if something will begin. Though I do not know what it is, I will hope it is for the better.

Thank you.

Written by B.

--

Left by curiosity, they flipped another page.

--

#2 - B

He still has not taken the book from the shelf. So I took it myself.

Judging by his appearance, he seemed to have been stressed out. Eye bags in his eyes.. disgusting.

Written by B.

--

"I see.. So this.. X person still hasn't written here till day three?" Xiao looked at Venti.

Venti shrugs. "I suppose so."

--

Day 3 - X

Working with him is exhausting. Everytime I would go outside; he would ask to let me to go to the village with him.

Though we seem not alike, Barbatos and I seem to have a lot in common. And I do not condone it in any serious way. And by the previous days, he seems to be insulting me, which I do not have any care for.

By my observation, the issue will be solved till two or more days. Any issues will be further more explained in future updates.

Thank you.

Written by X.

--

What sparked them is by their difference in handwriting, as weird as it seems; the X person seems to have his handwriting in the gentle sense. While the B person seemed to give a messy one.

"So, Barbatos is the first person who wrote here.." Venti wonders, Barbatos, the name seems to have activated nostalgia to him. The point being, he seemed to be familiar with it.

One just sat there, confusingly trying to understand it. Though he, was interested in the journal and wanted to snoop more; he doesn't understand a single thing.

"I uhm. Guess so?"

He agrees as if he does understand.

--

Short chapter for today! By I mean short- like very short. I honestly do apologize! I will try to write longer next chapter.

Clues will be given for the ending! See you guys next chapter! <3