Diavolo❤(Atramentous)

Atramentous

at·​ra·​men·​tous

: black as ink : INKY

.
.
.
.

Theme- angst, fluff

Mentions- Death

.
.
.
.

(No Ones Pov)

He would often remember the sound of pens writing on paper, watching the black ink that would delicately color the page as each word would leave their mind and go to the once blank page. He would watch as their fingers held the pen writing words he could not read at the moment, as he saw a smile effortlessly paint their face.

"My dear," he murmurs, letting his hands press to their arm, desperate for some of their attention. Not wanting this moment to be wasted. Yet with them, nothing had been truly wasted since every moment was one he strived for. "Take a break and be with me for a while" he hears a soft chuckle slip past their lips as they look at him with an adoring expression one he couldn't ever forget.

"When you say it like that" they pause shifting in their seat taking his hand into theirs, "you make it hard to say no." he can once again feel them against him, the warmth of their body was an unexplainable comfort, yet he cherished it, no matter how often it was felt. He presses his head onto their shoulder, his lips graze the skin of their neck.

"You wanted to say no?" he whispers, pulling them closer to him as he falls into their embrace. He can hear their heart beating softly in the silence that had been built in the room.

"God no, I wouldn't dream of it" they chuckle cupping the demon's face. As they kiss his nose softly as if he would break if they applied any more pressure. Leaning into their affection he can only groan when he feels one of their hands being pulled away, yet before he knew it a chuckle leaves them.

"What is it?" he finds himself asking, looking at them as they still hold his face in one hand. He sees their smile grow as they hold their right hand, showing the now nearly gone ink that had once found a place on them.

"It transferred to your face when I touched you," their voice becoming a melody to his ears as each word effortlessly leaves their lips.

"Dirtying me now, are we?" he chuckles out, pressing himself closer to them. Until he hovered on top of them with a playful expression painting his face. As he lifts his hands, shaking them for a second causes them to go wide-eyed at the gesture, fully knowing what is going to happen.

"Wait-" before they can finish they cut themselves off with abrupt laughter as soon as the demon begins to tickle them, hands pressing to his arms in the hope to pull him away but they fail each time. "Stop-" they speak with broken words as the demon laughs cheerfully above them soon coming to a stop. Watching the human gasp for breath, still holding onto Diavolo with an ever loosening grasp.

"Did you learn your lesson?" Diavolo asks them jokingly as he presses a kiss to their forehead before getting off of them.

"You truly are a demon" (Y/N) gasps dramatically as they roll over onto their stomach, resting their chin on their now folded arms. Watching the demon who stands before them with the same look of adoration he had always had on his face while looking at them. He sighs suddenly kneeling down next to the love seat they both were just on, still staring at them as his chin rests on the seat.

"I have a question for you" he whispers the playful tone escaping him and being replaced with a nervous one as his hand cups their face.

"Ask away Diavolo" they chuckle lightly leaning into his hand, their hand soon resting on top of his signaling him to continue.

"How would you feel about staying in the Devildom, with me?" he had grown nervous, after all their year in the Devildom was coming close to an end. They would soon be sent back to the human realm. And the demon lord would be unsure of what to do if they left.

"Are you offering?" a sly smile comes to their lips as they inch closer to him. They watch as a flustered expression comes to him as he looks away for a second.

"Yes, I am offering you a permanent place in the Devildom. If you so choose to accept" his voice fades into barely a whisper. He tries to keep the desperation from coming into his words but he is sure he fails when he sees them frown slightly.

"You know I can't right now Diavolo" they mutter in a disappointed tone pressing their head back on the cushion. The room fills with silence before they pop back up with an excited look on their face which makes the demon lord question both his and their emotions in this second. "What if you give me a week back in the human world, to settle some business then you can summon me back after that?" they take his hands into theirs pressing small kisses to them looking at him with a loving look. One that he couldn't get over.

"You'll come back to me?" whispering as he catches their attention they nod with a smile. Causing his heart to race

"I promise..."

.

.

.

.

If only had listened to the hesitation he had felt while letting them go. Weeks had passed since he had last seen them. Summoning them back to the Devildom no longer worked as he felt no connection to their soul anymore.

Meaning he had sent them to their death.

He had wondered if he would've said no, would they have waited or would they have asked someone else to help them back to the human world? If maybe he had waited another day, would they still be with him?

These questions ran through his mind as he sat blankly at his desk, in the darkroom. He couldn't see how trashed his office had been, even after his fit of anger at the whole situation and distress that he soon felt washing over him. Barbatos and Lucifer had come by a few times to see how he was doing, yet he refused to let them in wanting to be alone.

He feels like he is suffocating in loneliness as it is seeping into his lungs and very soul. Shifting his hands on the desk he feels the vial of black ink spill over the desk and the many papers he had been neglecting. He lets out a silent curse as he pushes himself from the chair, scrambling to keep the papers from getting further destroyed. But he stops when his eyes land on the paper (Y/N) had been working on weeks before. They had forgotten to take it out of his office, he was unable to read what it said as the black ink coated the page and its contents. But only a few words stand out past the dark ink. Making his stress fall somewhat as he sat back down looking at the handwriting on the page. Taking a deep breath while clutching the paper to his chest as he closes his eyes.

"Thank you" he mutters under his breath allowing himself to drown further into the darkness...