Beelzebub❤(As If It's Our Last)

Theme- angst, minor fluff

Mentions- Fear and Depression.... (Humans and Demons were no longer allowed to meet after the exchange program due to the death of a human student in the Devildom)
.

.
.

(No Ones Pov)

He found himself longing to be in their presence once more. He never realized how lonely he felt without them until they were away. He felt the waves of loneliness crash upon him every time. It was a feeling he never wanted to get used to. Yet found himself being stuck in it more often as time passed.

A demon's life is long, years pass by within a blink of an eye and it is boring, to say the least. Doing nothing to maintain importance constantly in such a life that would be willing to make it worth living. It had been hard for the demon to find something in that context other than his family. So he grew to be ever thankful for them, and soon the human who would appear in his lonely and long life.

He was aware of the difference in life spans for each being. Painfully aware that they would be snuffed out much sooner than he ever would. But it never stopped him growing fond of them, feeling intense love and vulnerability with them, something he hadn't quite felt before. A hand resting on his shoulder had caused him to slip from his thoughts.

"Beelzebub, you made it" a familiar voice sends his heart aflame with emotion. He turns to face the human he had grown to love dearly. A smile comes to his face as they return to him.

"Of course," he mutters out in an embarrassed tone, still looking at them. Watching happiness flash in their eyes as they fall closer to Beelzebub and into his warm embrace.

"I missed you, Beel." they sigh out wrapped their arms around the demon. Lips pressed to his for just a second and pulled away quicker than he could respond. Yet he could still feel the kiss linger and burn his lips even after they had pulled away.

"You stopped too quick.." he whispers, locking eyes with them for a moment before he leans closer catching their lips with his. These moments didn't come often, both living in different realms made it even harder to meet. The restrictions both of them had been held to had made it nearly impossible to meet even once a week. He feels their hands press roughly onto his shoulders, holding him still. He found himself returning the desperation in his movements and grasp.

The desperation to remain this way forever, as long as they wished.

Desperation had made them break too many rules. Even so, the desperation to be together had painted them and made them lonely. Even if they were surrounded by those who they knew and cherished. The hunger only was satisfied when they were together.

"(Y/N)-" the demon starts but is stopped when he feels wetness on his cheek. He had come to realize that tears, unknown to him, had begun to fall from his eyes. It was true, neither of them knew when it would be the last time. That had pulled each of them to act the way they were.

"It's ok" they whisper, cupping the face of the demon, wiping the tears from his face. It wasn't often he cried and he wasn't sure why it was happening now. "We'll always be together, just remember that." their voice grows silent as they inch closer pressing a soft kiss to his forehead.

"How can you be so sure?" he asks, letting his voice break and trail off as he tries to not look at them. Slightly embarrassed about himself crying in front of them. He looks back when he hears them softly sigh.

"I'm always sure when it comes to you" they chuckle, moving the strands of orange hair from his face, fingers trailing down his face once more. Yet even if they held a smile on their face, he knew they weren't happy. A sadness clinging to the both of them, and it only seemed to be more obvious to them.

"I'll always be at your side," he speaks out with confidence that had just been found. He sees the sadness slip from them just for a second as he speaks.

"Just let me hold you..." their voice becomes airy as they lean against the demon. Holding onto him softly, their lips meet with his jaw before they rest their face on his shoulder. Breaths leave them as they calmly breathe in his embrace. It almost made him forget the situation. "As if it's our last time," they mutter, loosening their grip on him. He only found himself clutching onto them tighter, their words made it harder to be happy at this time.

Yet a small smile comes to his lips, forcefully as he looks up at the sky. Tears once again leave him as he feels warm liquid be absorbed into his shirt. He presses his lips to their paling skin as he hears them let out one last breath.

"I missed you too"