Belphegor❤(When The Sun Goes Down)

Theme- angst, and fluff

He often felt alone, never truly being loved by anyone he had in his life. He was sure everyone had to feel this way at one point in their life. He considered this to be the lowest point in his life. Lucifer kept him away from those he felt close to, ultimately losing the bonds he had shared with them. He no longer felt happy, he wasn't sure if he was made to feel that way.

It had been years since he had met the human who had saved him. He only got to spend little time with them before they were sent back to the human world, a place he had loved long ago. Yet he had hated for even longer, almost forgetting how beautiful everything there really was. The stars that shone so bright that hadn't been present down in the Devildom. Hatred for humans had blinded him from his once love for them and for that he could never forgive himself. Maybe it had all come together the moment he became a demon. Hatred was always stronger when he was alone than with someone.

He jumps the moment he feels arms snake around his shoulders, quickly relaxing when he recognizes their soft breaths. Feeling their warmth fully engulfed him, something he hadn't known he was craving until it had happened.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." their voice fills the area around them, voice echoing slightly in the silence. He feels his already racing heart pick up, a feeling he had grown so used to when he was with them. Suddenly feeling their warm lips press to his cooled skin.

"You never keep me waiting." the demon musters out looking at the human behind him, a soft expression on their face as they slowly slip away from him. Hands fall to their sides as he watches them. He watches and believes in his mind he has the privilege to meet someone so elegant. In his mind, nothing would be worth more than when he was with them. He had been aware of their clumsy moments and yet he still believed them to be so graceful with every step, he was unsure why. Every time he saw them his emotions would spark up like fireworks, powerful and loud in meaning and how they affected him.

"Surely you must feel upset that I had been late to our meet-up." they chuckle, tilting their head to the side, catching the demon's full attention once more. He was still unable to tear his eyes away, catching the way they took the space next to him.

"I must admit, I felt a little upset that you had been gone," he whispers, letting his hands rest on his lap. Now taking his eyes off the human who stares with curious eyes "yet, I understand it is stressful how busy you have become." his breath becomes stuck in his throat when he feels their hand rests on his head, softly running their fingers through his hair. Then slowly begins to move their hand to caress his cheek. Fully making the demon look at them with a flustered expression.

"I'll always make time for you, as long as you do the same for me," they say softly, letting their hands slip away from the demon's warmth. A sigh leaves him as he looks up at the sky, stars littering the sky sending small rays of light down. Yet not enough to fully light anything up, the light of the moon was slightly stronger against the still light sky.

"You know I'll always have time when it comes to you" Belphegor speaks with confidence, something he rarely had when speaking with others. His voice is normally full of anger, or a dulling tone. When he was with them every insecurity slipped from him leaving him feeling different and back to normal. As if nothing bad had ever happened.

"Your words mean everything to me-" they start but become flustered when they realize how sudden they had spoken. It wasn't often they complimented each other, nor spoke, their meet-ups were sat in silence and comfort. Yet both were aware of how they felt, electing to stay friends. Not wanting to hurt each other in the end if they fell. "I- meant to say-" they are cut off when the demon chuckles, a larger than normal smile coming to his lips.

"I understand what you mean. No need to explain yourself" in the end he knew what they both wanted to say, but had found it hard to say what crawled and clawed in their hearts...

"Why didn't you say anything?" he feels tears roll down his face as they face him with tears in their eyes as well. He struggles to get out what he wants to say, afraid that this may not be the right moment.

"I didn't know how to say it!" fear is sudden in their voice, sadness fills the air and they both sit in the growing tenseness. He wants nothing more than to take them in his arms and tell them the lies that it would all be fine. That they would be together forever. Both were not in the mood for evident lies. The sky begins to fall in darkness as it always did when they met. Night had been their favorite time of day as it led to fewer interruptions. And in the darkness when the sun goes down they both begin to say their lies and hide true words behind them. Not wanting to be hurt, yet it isn't always about being careful. Sometimes the most careful are hurt the worst in the end.

"I don't understand?" he says letting his voice slip, sadness evident in his tone. He watches their skin pale from shock and fear. He is aware of how they feel but is unable to understand and take in why they lied more.

"I was scared you would react this way! I never wanted to hurt you" their voice rips out from their mouth. Sobs follow after as they wipe the tears away for seconds before they are replaced with more.

"So you thought you could leave me alone one day! Leaving me to wonder why you suddenly left?" he spits out, he is unaware that his tears had grown heavily in pace and were falling into his lap.

"No! Stop mixing my words up to make it worse! You know I would never do that-" they stop looking at the demon with hurt eyes, "I would never try to hurt you" taking a breath before speaking again.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? Since this all started we've only been lying to each other, should we really continue this?" He speaks slowly, not wanting to see their reaction to his words. He knew this is what he had to do, yet he had no intention to leave them alone at this moment or any. He would be with them to the bitter end.

"You are acting like an asshole, don't say stuff like that" they sob out, still staring intensely at him. He can only feel their eyes bore into him, and when he looks up he feels his heartbreak. And the words that leave his lips are all it takes as he watches the last spark in their eyes be snuffed out.

"You and I, we should have never met...."

In the end, he sits alone, regrets washing over him as he leans against the bench. A sigh leaves him as he looks at the sky becoming painted in various colors. Ones he no longer enjoyed with such excitement anymore. The human world had grown dull and boring to the demon over the weeks. He no longer looked forward to being here anymore.

He often these days felt his emotions stab him ever so roughly to the point they had hurt him. Hurt him worse than ever before. He still wished he had never said those things and never wanted them to feel like that and it had been too late to take it back. He no longer got word from them, and he had removed them from everything as he felt horrible, wanting to have them back in his life.

Yet, he knew how bad he had messed up and wished he could take it all back. Of course, he knew a lot of people felt like this when they made a mistake.

When the sun goes down he feels everything come back to him. How they used to feel when he hugged them. He missed when their eyes would light up just by seeing him. It had made him sad knowing he would never see it again. He doesn't blame them for no longer feeling the same.

When the sun goes down he realizes how much he misses them. And how much he really loved them...