i. annabelle

annabelle
gender: female
meaning: loving

i picked this one because we will be the most loving parents the world has ever seen.

h .xx

~

"Is Caroline asleep yet?" Louis called down the hallway to Harry, who was in the nursery of his friends' house.

Louis and Harry were looking after their friends' two daughters, Caroline and Isabelle, while the married friends, Liam and Zayn, were out for dinner.

Harry didn't respond, instead he kissed Caroline's forehead and shuffled back down the hall towards Louis, who was standing outside of the bathroom where Isabelle was brushing her teeth.

"She's asleep," Harry whispered once he was back by his boyfriend's side.

The duo could hear Isabelle humming a song as she brushed her teeth, which made them smile at each other. They couldn't wait until they had their own baby to take care of, but they needed to get married first. (They were equally excited for that.)

Isabelle emerged from the bathroom with a shy smile in her red fluffy pyjamas, and she grabbed Louis' hand, leading him to her bedroom. (Louis had always been Isabelle's favorite. Harry feels the same way.)

"Can you tell me a story?" Isabelle asked once she had climbed into bed, pulling her blanket up to her cheeks.

"Of course. A story about what, love?" Louis responded, and Harry just loved it when Louis was so affectionate to children. It made his heart flutter.

"About... a vampire!" Isabelle lifted her hands up to her face, sticking one finger out on each of her hands by her mouth, attempting to make vampire fangs.

"Oh!" Louis smiled, "You want a scary story?"

"Yes!"

"Are you sure?" Louis dragged the last word out.

"Yes! I'm sure!"

"We don't want you to have nightmares..." Harry chimed in, but Isabelle had none of it.

"Vampires!" she cheered, and Harry lightly shushed her so that she wouldn't wake up her little sister.

"Okay, well, you've asked for it." Louis winked at the little brunette girl, who had an eager grin painted on her face.

"Papa never tells me scary ones," Isabelle admitted, referring to Liam. "But, sometimes Dad does, but 'Don't tell Papa,' he always whispers," she continued, referring to Zayn, and it made Harry wonder what his and Louis' kids would call them.

And so Louis started his story about a vampire named Harold (of course) that terrorized a small town until a quiet little girl named Izzy (also, of course) showed him what it was like to have family and be loved.

Louis would admit, it wasn't a very scary story, but it seemed to satisfy the sleepy little girl, as she thanked Louis for the story with a kiss on his cheek and then rolled over in her bed and started to fall asleep.

"I love you," Harry wrapped Louis into a hug once they had stepped out of the sleeping girl's room, and Louis nestled his head against Harry's neck.

"I love you, too, so much."