viii. hayden

hayden
gender: male
meaning: fire

i picked this one because of the soft, ever glowing flame of our love.

h .xx

~

It was a pretty average day; late afternoon, cookies that Harry had picked up from the shop on his way home from work sat on the counter, Louis arriving an hour later to be greeted by them. He swiped one off the stack and walked down the hallway to the living room, dropping his work bag on the floor next to the couch.

"Hey," Harry greeted Louis, patting the couch beside him.

"Hi," Louis responded, flopping onto the couch where Harry had signified.

"I was just watching Cake Boss; I can switch it if you want." Harry smiled as Louis chuckled at Harry's words.

"Nah, leave it." Louis stretched his legs out as he lied on the couch, his feet slightly hanging off the armrest. He set his head in Harry's lap after taking the last bite of his cookie. "Thanks, by the way."

"Yeah, no problem." Harry placed his hand on top of Louis' head, playing with his wispy hair.

So, they watched Cake Boss together, laughing at the many unintentional innuendos and (for Harry) becoming frustrated when the cakes flopped.

Louis eventually fell asleep, so Harry clicked off the television and decided to start making dinner. One problem with this, however, was that Louis' head sat atop Harry's thighs. Harry felt a bit like Indiana Jones as he switched out a pillow for his legs, not waking Louis.

He padded to the kitchen, opting for the lone box of macaroni cheese in the cupboard. Awakened by the sound of the timer going off, Louis approached the kitchen to be met by Harry, nearly finished cooking.

"Harry, I was supposed to cook tonight," Louis raised his eyebrows as Harry turned to face him.

"Like you're complaining," Harry teased, "Plus it's only macaroni cheese; it takes, like, .2 seconds to make."

".2 precisely?"

"Mhmm," Harry hummed, taking the pan off the stove and setting it on an cloth on the counter. "So, eat up."

"Can do, Mr. Styles." Louis took a bowl out of the cabinet and served himself, settling down at the table.

Harry sat down shortly after, and as soon as he had finished his first bite Louis declared, "I really appreciate you."

"Hmm?"

"I appreciate you. All the stuff you do, you know, it doesn't go unnoticed," Louis elaborated, a warm smile spreading across Harry's cheeks.

"I appreciate you as well," Harry responded.

"I don't feel like I tell you enough, but I really do. I am so glad to have you in my life."

"I didn't know you liked macaroni cheese so much," Harry teased, and Louis rolled his eyes.

"But seriously. You're great."

--

ah. right, hello. as you probably don't care enough to know, i'm on hiatus. i havent written anything larry in months; i can't get anything out. BUT i have a two more chapters of this pre-written.

im wondering, would you guys like me to update the couple pre-written chapters i have (with the knowledge that this book may never get any further) or just have me stop the book here and delete it?

i still love larry. they make my heart bUrn theyre so !!!!! but i cant seem to write them anymore. maybe the motivation will come back.

we'll see~