vii. gemma

gemma
gender: female
meaning: precious stone

i picked this one because i love my sister almost as much as i love you! (almost)

h .xx

~

"Now, I know that you don't cook, but I really need your help right now," stated Harry to Louis as he mixed a bowl of cake batter in the crook of his arm.

Louis initially groaned, but then inquired, "What do you need?"

"I need you to crack a few eggs into that bowl over there." Harry paused his mixing to point out a glass bowl on the counter.

"How many eggs?"

"A few is three, Louis."

"Just making sure, babe," Louis chuckled as he took the egg carton out of the fridge.

He grabbed three eggs out of the carton and popped it back into the fridge. Approaching the bowl, Louis set two of the eggs on the counter and kept one in his hands. He knew Harry could crack two eggs at once but he also knew he definitely shouldn't attempt to do the same. So, he cracked one at a time.

Louis thought he was doing pretty well until he went to crack the final egg. He hit it on the edge of the counter a bit too hard and the slimy insides of the egg poured out onto his pants and the floor.

"God dammit," he mumbled as he shoved the broken shell into the sink and swiped the wash rag off the faucet where it had been hanging.

"You always know something bad is going to happen at some point, with you." Harry chuckled lowly as he poured his cake batter into a pan.

"Right," Louis joked along, though he was still slightly salty about it.

After Louis got out another egg and successfully cracked it into the bowl, he was finished with his job.

Harry was fussing all about the kitchen, so Louis came up beside him and stood on his tip-toes so he could rest his head on Harry's shoulder. "Gemma will love it."

"Well, I mean, she'd better. It's super hard to make so she should sure as hell appreciate it."

"Holy shit, Harry. Calm," Louis laughed, "She'll appreciate it. You know her."

"Right, yeah. I don't know what's happening right now. The cake fumes are making me angry or something." Harry shook his head, causing his hair to tickle Louis' cheek.

"Make sure you don't get any of this mane in there," Louis said as he grabbed a chunk of Harry's comparatively long hair.

"I'll try my hardest, but no promises."

Louis left Harry alone, then, to his baking. Surely his presence wasn't beneficial.

Though, in another hour or so, Louis found himself lingering outside the kitchen doorway. Harry spotted him immediately, "You smell it?"

"Mhmm," Louis hummed, "Smells good."

"It's nearly done," Harry states, squatting down to peer into the oven.

Louis joined him and noticed a little something in the oven that he had not been aware of prior.

"What's that?" he asked, pointed at the slightly smaller pan on the second rack of the oven.

"I made you a cake as well. It's small but it was, like, the leftover batter," Harry pauses, grinning, "I didn't want to throw it away."

"So, less sentimental and more practical?"

"I suppose so. 'Tastes the same, either way."

Louis rolls his eyes, "I love you, you big nerd."

-

i forgot again