ii. bennett

bennett
gender: male
meaning: blessed

i picked this one because i must be blessed to have you in my life.

h .xx

~

It was snowing on that day Louis and Harry decided to go out into town, and as they walked down the London streets admiring window displays and the Christmas lights that hung up all over the buildings, snow got stuck in both of their hair. Harry particularly noticed the few snowflakes that embedded themselves in Louis' eyelashes, melting moments later.

They were holding hands, the light snowfall not bothering them in any way. Harry told some corny jokes just to see Louis smile. They danced when they passed store fronts playing music and took free samples when the opportunities came about.

Harry hadn't been so at ease in ages, since his sister had just moved to France and he had been helping her pack up and everything, but just a few weeks ago she had gone. It was a sad time for Harry, because Gemma had been his best friend since he was born and now she wasn't just a ten minute drive away whenever Harry needed to talk.

"You can always call me, Haz," she had consoled, but Harry knew it wasn't the same. He couldn't very well cry on her shoulder or just give her a huge bear hug over the phone, could he?

Then, he was nervous about her flight, which he always was whenever anyone close to him flew anywhere, really. And then he was worried about her communication skills, but that went away quickly, seeing as he knew Gems had been speaking French for forever.

Well, now that she'd been there for a while, Harry was growing accustomed. His nerves had finally settled, greatly due to the help of Louis, Harry's savior. He's not even kidding when he calls Louis that, either. He doesn't know what he'd do without Louis' words of encouragement or sassy remarks that kept him in line.

So, as they walked down a London avenue through the snow, Harry smiled. Maybe because of the way snow melted on Louis' rosy cheeks; or maybe because, in that moment, everything seemed right; or maybe for no reason at all.

The smile was contagious, because Louis found himself grinning soon after.

The street lights switched on, illuminating the white, fluffy appearance of the roads. Louis put his hand up to the back of Harry's neck, gently pulling his head downwards so that he could press a little kiss to Harry's deep pink lips. Harry leaned into it, and he swore he was blessed to have this boy.

[ it's wednesday! this is p short but that's kind of how it's gonna be, with differing lengths of chapters. 

regarding the louis rumors, this book has just gotten a bit funnier to me. ]