iii. charlotte

charlotte
gender: female
meaning: free man

i picked this one because your inability to be told how to act inspires me.

h .xx

~

"What do you mean, 'I don't serve gays'?" Louis sputtered, his face red. "As if that makes me want to change. As if I really wanted your shitty ass service, anyway."

"I don't serve gays," the man repeated, behind the counter of his hardware store.

"I wanted to fucking buy a pack of bolts to fix my washer. What do you think I'm going to do with them? Shove them up my ass because I'm gay?"

"I do not serve gays," the man held steady, as Louis slapped the pack of bolts onto the counter. The sharp, loud sound caused multiple costumers to turn their heads.

"And I don't buy from douche-bags. Get a fucking grip, this is the twenty-first century." Louis stormed towards the exit of the building, Harry by his side.

"God hates fags!" the owner called as Louis turned, which stopped Louis in his tracks.

"Don't-" Harry tried to grab hold of Louis' arm, but to no avail. (Not that he really wanted to stop Louis, anyway.)

"You know who this "God" hates?" Louis inquired calmly, leaning onto the counter with his hands. "He hates people that are so close minded that they actually think some ancient book is meant to dictate the lives of billions of people. He hates people that overlook certain parts of this out-dated book, and hang onto others as if their lives depended on it. He hates people just like you." Louis held his composure as he saw the owner's jaw drop. "Now, let's go."

Harry flipped the owner off (for good measure) as the duo walked out the hardware store.

"I can't fucking believe people like that. They think they rule the world. They think-"

"Hey," Harry interrupted, wrapping Louis into a tight hug. "It's okay. He's an ass. You're right. It's over now. Let's go somewhere else for the bolts, yeah?"

"Yeah..."

"Wait, though, look!" Harry pointed back at the store they had just emerged from, and multiple people were walking out, no purchases made.

"Good," Louis smiled, calming down. "That rotten motherfucker deserves to go out of business."

"I agree. So, where's the next nearest hardware store?"