iv. damon

damon
gender: male
meaning: to tame, subdue

i picked this one because we level each other out. we don't allow one another to get too mad about anything small.

h .xx

~

Louis really liked olives. Like, he loved them. He ordered them on his pizza and put them in his salad and just ate them plain.

Now, he usually kept them in the door of the fridge. And sometimes, when people stayed with him and Harry, they ate some of them without permission. Louis didn't mind, at least not too much. He could just buy a new can. No big deal.

Well, it wasn't a big deal until Harry's friend Nick (a friend Louis doesn't particularly like in the first place) had to crash at their place for a night or two. Louis decided to his hide brand new can of olives in the back of the fridge, just in case Nick liked olives. Louis had just bought these and was not really willing to share. So, he placed the can behind a jug of milk, two bottles of water, some leftovers, and a carton of orange juice. Surely, it would be safe from predator Nick back there.

Wrong. Louis got home from work on the first day Nick had stayed over (a Friday), and made himself a drink. Of course, olives would compliment the drink perfectly, so Louis opened the fridge. When he looked inside, there was a clear path where everything had been moved to the side all the way to the back of the fridge, where the olives were supposed to be, but weren't.

Louis knew that Harry didn't like olives. Especially not green ones, which the ones in the fridge were. It had to be Nick.

Keeping his cool, Louis approached Nick, who was sat on the living room couch, sure enough, with an open can of olives next to him.

"Hey," Louis started, "Did you eat all of those..?"

"Uhh, yeah," Nick looked into the can, "Looks like I did."

Louis didn't even eat the whole can of olives in one sitting.

"Oh," Louis smiled falsely, "Well, those are mine, so could you not eat them next time?"

"Are they?" Nick asked, "Sorry, mate."

"It's okay," Louis replied, though it got on his nerves. He now had a drink and no olives to put in it. A shame, really.

Harry walked in, then, "What's going on in here?" he asked casually, sitting on the couch next to Nick.

Louis was still standing by the entrance of the kitchen, with his drink sitting on the counter.

"I ate his olives," Nick laughed, shaking the can around in his hand.

Harry chucked a little, and Louis' eyebrow twitched. Louis walked back into the kitchen before he got too worked up about this. He took a sip of his drink, then looked at the shopping list on the fridge. There were enough things that he could go and pick them up at the store, while buying some olives, without seeming too weird about wanting to go to the store just for olives.

Louis contemplated telling Harry where he was going, but Harry seemed to be engrossed in a conversation with Nick about snails' rights. (Only them, Louis thinks.)

He grabbed the list off the fridge while putting his drink in there so that it wouldn't be ruined when he got back, and headed out the door to his car.

It was about half an hour before Louis returned home again, olives (along with other things from the shopping list) in hand. He was greeted by Nick with Louis' fucking drink in his hands.

"What... what the hell?" Louis was genuinely concerned. "Why did you just take that out of the fridge..? All the ingredients for it are literally on the counter right there."

"This is yours?" Nick pointed at the drink in his hands.

"Yes, Nick, I made that before I left. I drank out of it. Can't you see the actual marks of where I put my mouth?!"

Nick didn't say anything, so Louis set the grocery bags on the counter.

"I'll make a new one..," Louis sighed, turning to the ingredients.

When he'd finished making the drink, he turned around to put the olives in it - the main goal since he'd first gotten home.

But, the olives weren't on the counter.

"Are you fricking serious..?" Louis mumbled under his breath, facing Nick in the living room. Harry was down the hall, in the bathroom

"You took my olives, again," Louis accused, staring at the can in Nick's hands.

"I thought it would go good with the drink," Nick explained, and Louis took a deep breath to stop from getting too angry.

"Can I have them back?"

"Well, I wasn't done with them," Nick took one out and popped it in his mouth.

"Okay, really? I'm letting you stay in my house, and you must realize I just went to the store to buy those olives because you just ate all of my other ones. And you took a drink out of the fridge, obviously one I had just made, and I'm just thinking that you can't possibly be serious right now."

"Woah," Nick chuckled, "chill. I'm not going to eat all of them this time. Just, like, a few more."

"A few more my fucking ass. Give me them."

"I-"

"Give them to me."

"Just-"

"Give the olives to me. Now."

Harry emerged from the bathroom to see his boyfriend yelling at his friend to return some olives, and honestly, it wasn't what he was expecting.

"Uh, Lou?" Harry came up behind Louis, "What's the matter?"

So, Louis told him. He told him that everything Nick had said so far had gotten on his nerves and that he was just really irritated and wanted his olives. (And he might have wanted to rip Nick's cheeky face off.)

"Hey, hey," Harry calmed Louis, "It's fine. He'll be gone tomorrow and then you'll have all your olives to yourself, because God knows I don't want any of them."

Louis laughed a little, realizing that he'd blown the situation out of the water. (But really, the drink out of the fridge? That's a bit mad.)

~~

omg guys sorry i forgot yesterday!! i'm spending a week at sarah's house and stuff so