Chapter 18: Painting the town

At the start of this chapter.

Team RWBY were at class on Professor Port who was telling one of his long stories.

Y/n wasn't listening to any of it as he was reading his usual book about Grimms, but if they look closely, there were bags under his eyes but only a little of it, on his left was Weiss looking at her holographic clock and Jaune was at her right side.

Jaune: So Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking that after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat?

He turns to the teacher for a second, then turn back around.

Jaune: And uh um, I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie if you want to make a trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome.

He pauses as his words still have no effect on her.

Jaune: Aaand then maybe after that we could study together? I mean you're smart and I'm, uh...... Y'know.

Then the clock in front of Weiss gives a shrill beep as it changes from 3:59 to 4:00, and she dismisses it with a wave as Seth started packing his things and Weiss was doing the same.

Port: And then I- oh, uh, timed that one wrong I guess. Well the stunning conclusion to the story will have to wait. Until next time..

Weiss then packs up her Scroll.

Jaune: Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss: No, no, no, yes.

Upon hearing this, Jaune groans and does a faceplant into his desk as the rest of Team RWBY walks out of class behind him, Yang ruffles Jaune's hair without even looking,

Yang: One day...

A few minutes later...

Team RWBY were at their dorm in their normal clothes as Y/n soon came out of the bathroom in his usual clothes fixing his collar.

Blake: I thought that class would never end....

Ruby: Alright guys, today's the day. The investigation begins!

Ruby happily leaps down from her bed in front of Weiss.

Weiss: I glad to see that we are taking this so seriously.

She says oh so sarcastically.

Yang: Hey! we've got a plan. That's..... moderately serious.

Y/n: What are you girls talking about?

Everyone looks at him with confused looks as they immediately realized they forgot to tell him since they were somewhat more focus on what's happening to Y/n before.

Ruby: Oh right, you weren't there before, I think we forgot to tell you about it hehe...

Y/n: *Sigh* Whatever it is.. I'm in..

Ruby: Wait really!?

Y/n: Yeah, someone's gotta watch out for you girls, all of you are too troublesome.

RWBY: HUH?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?

Y/n: Exactly what I said.

Ruby: W-Well okay then! Everyone remember their roles?

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT and check the Scnee records for any other days robberies, or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning.