First encounter...

A few days later 

That night I had gone to sleep alone, Leviathan was guarding the entrance of the cave and Death was out hunting the bad blood. We still had to figure out where the bad blood even was, we knew he was located in the valley or even the mountains but we couldn't figure out where. 

Death was actually busy working on a machine that could fly around and locate him, I actually forgot what she had called it. Lately or rather over the past few days, she has been very busy which left me alone most of the day. My normal routine through the days turned to me waking up, having breakfast, and going to do my workout routine or walking around the forest hunting.

With each day my child grew more responsive, loud noises caused them to kick more and calming noises caused them to settle, and singing made them placid. I was always testing to see if I could somehow tell if they were a female or male, not that it mattered of course. I would still love them no matter the gender or how they looked.

It was actually kinda cute in a platonic way, I had lt Death feel my stomach and they felt my child kick. The look of shock on her face was very funny, her tusks actually opened wider than ever and her eyes were bulging. I even snorted at the look on her face... Our relationship was growing to be more of a sibling bond, even though we had only known each other for a few months!

Currently, I lay on my nest of animal skins. They consisted of some wolf, bear, and even deer hides, the nest was about the size of me, times by two! However, it was extremely comfortable and warm, even though I slept in the netting that regulated my temperature to a comfortable warmth.

I had just woken up when I heard the sound of growling come from the entrance of the cave. It was a too high pitch growl to be Death or a yautja, so that meant it was an animal. Mountain Lion maybe or a young wolf maybe? It didn't really matter because the noise was cut off with a loud crunch as Leviathan killed it. I chuckle to myself as I get up using the statue and put my armor on.

I took a few steps out from behind the statue before I froze as a feeling of dread washed over me in waves. I knew this feeling and what caused it, so acting on past experiences I jump out of the way. Just in time too as a metal disc flew past me causing a thin line to form on my neck and a few drops of blood to flow out. 

I mentally cursed as I rushed back to my nest and held my daggers against me while keeping my back against the statue so that the Bad Blood could not surprise me from behind. This however left me with two openings on either side of me. My heart raced with a sudden boost of adrenaline causing my senses to sharpen. Nothing happened after a few seconds, I didn't even hear footsteps.

My thoughts cleared as I took slow and calming breaths, for the sake of my child's and my life, I needed to remain focused and calm. My eyes closed as I listened to the sounds around me, the crack of the torches, the sounds of birds outside, the sound of my own heartbeat ....Finally I could hear something the sound of metal on metal from the armor the Bad Blood wore.

He was heading this way. He knew he had me cornered. Like a wolf closing in on a rabbit, I couldn't do anything ...or so he thought. Even though I was very much pregnant I could still climb and this statue just so happened to have ledges around my height, they looked like they would hold my weight.

I place my daggers in the holsters on my back before I start to climb. What I had not expected was how easy it was, guess the routine really was working. I climbed until I was sure he could not spot me without having to look up to find me and just in time to. A wavy clear figure stepped around the corner of the statue and stopped just where I was a few minutes ago.

I eyed the figure before a strange scent hit my nose, the smell of burnt oak and ...a type of alcohol maybe? It was a strange combination, sweet and sour, but it seemed to resonate from the figure below me. Now your probably thinking, what if this is Death? Well, it's not, the yautja was too short to be Death and the chest was as flat as a cutting board. But back onto the topic of the scent, a thought hit me. "How could I smell him from this far up?!"

I held onto the ledge tightly as I watched the Bad Blood look around for me. Something seemed off, he should have been able to track with his mask sensors. I kept watching a few minutes longer until a plan came into my head, I could end it all right here and now. If I jumped down with my daggers out and aimed correctly, I could stab them at the base of his neck or even cut off his head! 

A smirk stretched onto my face as I got ready, my muscles were primed for the drop when suddenly he did something I would have never expected. He uncloaked and stood there in all his glory, animal skulls stuck out on sticks attached to the back of his armor, a black loincloth covered his lower waist. He wore the same netting I did and his armor was polished without a single scratch on it, it was black and gold. A disabled shoulder cannon hang on his left shoulder, ready for use when given the instruction, a spear sat at his left hip and bones decorated the handle.

A thought came to my mind which made me sick. "That growl from before ...it was Leviathan and that loud crunch was caused by the Bad Blood s...so did that mean he harmed Leviathan?" A shiver shot through me leaving a sick acidic feeling in my mouth but I kept myself from vomiting, I could do that once the enemy left.

A hot feeling of anger grew in me as I got ready to jump again. He turned his back to the statue and looked at his wrist gauntlet, doing something I did not pay attention to, it would not change the outcome of the event. I held my breath as I calmed my mind. Then with a single jump, I descended...

 However, I hadn't expected him to have heard my drop causing him to swiftly turn around, masked pointed up as his cannon cocked up, ready to be fired. But it was too late. My daggers dug into his netting, breaking it and cutting into his reptilian-like hide. 

What I didn't account for was the netting taking most of the force so by the time my daggers actually cut into his skin, it wasn't enough to embolize him. It was enough though to cause the fucker to roar in surprised pain, it was music to my ears but I didn't stay there.

When I had landed most of the fall force was put into him cushioning my body slightly. Dancing backward and away from the statue, I held my daggers in front of me, legs bent while my whole body faced him in a defending position. A deep growl lit itself in my chest causing him to stop his yowling and look at me with blood coming down his chest. 

His body was tense and muscles rigid, ready for action. I didn't allow him to move as I darted at him, a roar sounded from my lips as I attacked him quickly. My left dagger cut across his thigh exposing the muscle and bone, my right dagger came up to block his fist which caused the tip to slide through his fingers and piece his palm coming out the other side. 

I ripped my dagger which caused thwei to splatter onto my face and chest. I jumped back just as his leg came around in an arc to kick me away but it missed causing him to growl. My own growl responded to his while I went in for another strike but was ready. His fist came down on my left shoulder when I got close to him. However, due to the adrenaline and anger, I didn't even feel it. 

I jumped back before he could hit me again and rolled my shoulders snarling. In his mask I could see a mother defending her unborn child, my eyes were narrow and nearly black with anger, my canines were bared into a snarl and my nose crinkled with it. In other words, I looked feral.

Blood now painted the wall and floor like a canvas of pure glowing green. He held his hand as he studied me from behind his mask obviously he had not expected me to have fought back. A clicked chuckle met my ears as with twitch from his muscle his wrist blades shot out. Now the real fight had begun...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------