Bonding Time

Amari's View -After the talk

We talked for a long time and multiple times I had to get up from the hard seat to walk around, stretching my body. Lurking still asked questions and I tried hopelessly to explain most of what I could to her, but how could I explain that which I don't know of or remember. After 2 hours both her and I had said enough, it would seem that whatever happened in the temple would remain in the temple until I could remember what occurred there.

Since I had yet to eat, we processed to head down the hallway and turn into the kitchen until the sound of heavy but quick nailed footsteps sounded from the opposite end of the hall. I peeked my head out only to find Levithan rushing towards me, letting out happy growls. I knelt to the ground as he came to a sudden halt in front of me. Slobber dripped down from his mandibles and his body trembled with excitement as I reached out and start scratching a spot under his jaw.

His thin but long tail thumped against the wall and floor from the attention he was receiving. An amused huff came from behind me as Lurking watched from over my shoulder.

Lurking: This is no hunting hound, this is a Qwisher!

Her arms folded across her chest while her shoulders shook with silent laughter. I smiled happy to finally see her relax again. The whole time we were talking, she was nothing but stressed and tense, her body stiff and her face void of emotion but annoyance at my lack of answers. It was good to see the normal Lurking again, I did not like the stressed-out Lurking one bit.

Removing my hand from Levithan's jaw, drawing a sad whine from him, I get up slowly. One hand supporting my back with one hand and the other against the wall, a look of worry but pride played over Lurking's face. I turned to face her once I was fully up and stretched once more before realising something.

Amari: Ok so two questions.

Lurking; What is it?

Amari: First off what did you call be earlier, I think it was mei-jadhi , and what is a Qwisher?

Lurking: To answer your second question, a Qwisher is a semi-aquatic animal, indigenous to a plant 4 solar systems from here. It is an attention seeker and not a worthy prey unless for food. However, with a skull shaped like a giant lizard, sharp looking spikes poking from its back and a pointed tail, it looks like a ferocious hunter. It does not even eat meat.

Amari: Hm alright I guess I can see why you would call Levithan a Qwisher and what about my other question?

Lurking: I shall explain while preparing our meal. Come sit so u may rest your feet.

With my curiosity satisfied for one question, I walked with Lurking into the kitchen before walking over to one of the chairs. The metal was surprisingly not uncomfortable or cold so it was easy to sit waiting while Lurking started the preparations for the meal. I glanced around the room in hopes of keeping myself from asking Lurking another question but having already studied the room before hand, I was completely bored. But before I could open my mouth to ask yet another question, Lurking started to talk.

Lurking: Mei-jadhi means sister. I see you as my hunt sister. Someone I would protect as if you were my own kin by blood. I would protect your honour against those who would wish to scorn it and you just as you would do the same for me. We protect each other's backs. That is just a surface level explanation.

Amari: Y... you see me as a sister? I have never had a sister or anyone like that before, not even a best friend ...well besides an animal best friend

Lurking: You do not have siblings then? 

Amari: Yah I don't have any siblings; I never really knew my family besides my grandparents and my parents. My mom and dad don't have siblings so I don't have cousins, nephews or nieces.

Lurking: What are nephews and nieces?

Amari: Oh, you might call them something else but they're basically a sibling's child/children. A nephew is the male and a niece is a female.

Lurking: And your bearer and sire or parents as you call them in your language, did not think to have another pup for you to grow up with?

Amari: To tell you the truth, my parents didn't give a pig's shit about me. I was just a mistake they created and couldn't get rid of. In the end I was the one who left home.

My gaze rose to Lurking as I said this and to my surprise, I found that her body was shaking with repressed rage. Her mandibles tightened against her face as her eyes blazed with anger. I slowly got off the metal chair and walked towards her, my footsteps slow in case I needed to stop suddenly. My arm rose cautiously before I lowered my hand onto her muscled arm, causing her to snap her head towards me making her dreadlocks fly over her shoulder.

Amari: There is no need to be mad, they were in my past. You will never meet them so know when I tell you things like this, that I have gotten over the pain and am just retelling the story.

The air was thick with tension before I felt her muscles relax and her eyes held a glint of admiration in them. With a silent nod from her, I turned to look at the meat she was cooking for me. It was slightly bigger than my normal portion and was slightly red still. I turn my head back to her before I smiled and left back to my seat.

The next few minutes we sat in a comfortable silence just enjoying each other's presence as I found interest in how long my hair was. A thought came to me when I glanced to Lurking's dreadlocks and I wondered if she would do the same for me again. I'll make sure to ask later after I had finished washing it since it felt slimy from the healing liquid. 

A plate with meat and different types of berries on it was placed in front of me while I was in my own thoughts. The meat smelt like deer meat which I was happy about and the berries looked to be not poisoned, even though I know Lurking was careful with the food she made. I was used to eating with my hands so after a small thank you, I happily started to feast. 

The meat was tough like normal but had a spicing that made the natural flavour pop and just make you drool. The berries held a sweet but tangy flavour which helped get rid of the slight salty taste of the meat. Lurking gave me some broth she had whipped up earlier to help wash down the food.

Once I was done, Lurking had finished way before me, the giant alien huntress showed me to a spare room I could use. It was smaller than the kitchen but it was comfortable and had a small bathroom I could use for myself, which was surprising given how yautja don't really have a thing called privacy.

Once that was done, Lurking left me alone so I could rest up for tomorrow and adjust to the change in environment. Which was very thankful for because to be honest, I was bone tired from everything that had happened. So, I lay down on the suspended bed and almost instantly floated off into LaLa land...until I suddenly remember what had happened...