The Aftermath

Third-person view:

It has been 3 days since Amari's rageful fight against the dishonourable Bad Blood. Her body slowly healed; her wounds turned to scars carved into her already scar-filled body. Her heartbeat a constant noise alongside the sound of the second heartbeat. Consistent and slowed air bubbles released from the mask showed the second sign of life.

Through this period Lurking had gone back to the bloodied sacred hall in hopes of figuring out what had happened. She had also decided to move their stuff back to her ship in cased the Bad Blood came back for vengeance. However, Lurking knew it would be some time before they saw the Bad Blood again. With the amount of thwei ,loss of mandibles and dreadlocks, his pride and ego slain; he would not be back for a good long time.

Through all of this Lurking still pondered on how Amari had done this much damage. It was unearthly and inhuman, no human without the proper physical training or intelligence, could have done such damage. Confusion and frustration clouded her mind for 3 days straight until the ping finally came through on her wrist gauntlet ... Amari was finally awake...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amari's View

Weightlessness .... Floating .... Darkness ... Those were the first sensations Amari felt when she started to awaken. Her body was light, a feeling of anxiety passed over her before it was washed away by the overwhelming tiredness. Amari was quite happy to go back to the darkness, to sleep away from reality but she had to know something.

So, with greats amount of effort, Amari slowly peeled her eyes open. Green. Thats all she saw and it wasn't a natural green, it was a neon green which stung her eyes...or it could have been the chemicals. Turning her head, she tried to see past the green and after a few minutes of blinking, she was able to make out a room. A large metal table sat parallel to the pod she was in, the lighting outside was a lot darker and a dense, sickly white fog coated the floor.

Now been able to see the room, knowing there was no threat so far, Amari started to move her body but frozen when her hearing picked up on increased beeps from outside the pod. Twisting her head towards the sound, which was right in front of her, she listened to it for a minute. It was her heartbeat, but...there was a second heartbeat which could only belong too...

A feeling of relief crashed through her and tears of joy and hope poured from the corner of the eyes. Moving her hand for the first time, Amari slowly rubbed over her swollen stomach, pure happiness caught in her heart, ...until she realised, she was nude in place she had no recognition of, but the embarrassment could wait a few moments.

Moment of joy over with, Amari braced her hands against the pod lid and felt around for something, anything that could get her out of the pod. A second after her hands touched the lid, a holographic screen appeared on it. Displaying on the screen were her vitals and those of her child but also a detailed scan of her body, showing all the healed scars.

Eyeing it over, a giant blue button sat in the corner of the display and Amaris's gut told her that, that was her way out. Tentatively reaching her finger out, barely grazing it before the green pod cut off turning back. The healing fluid drained slowly as the breathing mast lifted from Amari's face, back into its slot in the wall.

Silent and ominously, the lid rose away to allow Amari freedom from the pod. Feeling like a new born deer, Amari cautiously stepped out the pod. However, gravity decided to greet her once more and down she went, only managing to brace herself against the metal table to stop the fall. Legs weak from lack of use and her body cold from the sudden wind that came with falling, Amari stood shakingly against the metal table for a few minutes.