3: Analysis

To you, Miruna and even Saffiyya my presence was almost nonexistent as I barely said more than 10 sentences and I had my eyes on my phone 95% of the time.

But I saw something else, something you and everyone else didn't, not even my daft horny friend.

I'm starting with Saffiyya. She seems sweet and naive but ultimately isn't. She's taking advantage of a kind friend for her selfish needs. She agreed to meet with a long time crush at her friend's house knowing fully well his aim is to infiltrate.

But the fact that she felt inferior to her friend is as clear as day. She wants to be better and if using her body will do that so be it. She loves attention and even more of making herself seem like someone she's not.
She's far from what she portrays herself to be.
Someone people should be wary of.

And then my girl, Miruna.
Not naive either but proud to an extent and also full of herself.
She acts like she's this Iron Lady with so much barriers and no heart to love or be loved but that's not the case.

She's scared for herself.
She's scared someone will seep through all those heavy barriers she put up but she also wants to let someone in. She doesn't trust anyone but is so desperate to find someone she can trust.

I've honestly never met someone so easy to read. She knows her friend is trying to take advantage of her but she lies to herself, tells herself that's not the case just so she can feel safe.

But I'll be that safe haven, I'll seep right through before she can notice it. I know I can and I will.

::

I walk in and see Baba seated on the couch, shaking his legs the way he does when he's either anxious or angry.

"You called me"
He raises his head and looks at me. "When your mother called you yesterday why didn't you come see me?"

I turn my head away.
"She called you didn't she?" He asked again.
"I told you she's not my mother".

He huffs "Yes she is, she's my wife"
"Your wife, so why was she calling?" Whenever I'm in his presence I feel irritated.

"You didn't show up at the office throughout this week, I let you study psychology because whatever you studied doesn't matter, you had work waiting for you anyway but I don't want me son loitering around".

I nod "It's been a busy and hectic week"
He looks at me worriedly "What is it?"

"Just some personal problems" I say disinterested.
"And I'm your father, I don't want you going through depression"

I scoff "What? You've learnt your lesson by letting one person die of depression"
His face gets serious "I'd mind my words if I were you".

"Fine, just leave Tahir out of it. Have a great evening" I walk out.

I know you're probably thinking I'm behaving like an ass to my father when he loves and cares about me.
It's not love and care, it's guilt and shame.
And I want him to live with that for the rest of his life.

::

Miruna's  POV.

I hiss when I see her call again.
Sophie apparently wants me to come with her to a party that Abdayn is throwing but that's where the line needs to be crossed.
I'm never doing her any more favors again as long as it's related to that asshole.

Someone knocks on my bedroom door.
Meaning it's either Abba or Hajjo. They're the only ones who do that.

I was wearing only my shorts and tank top so I quickly put on my hijab and open the door.
"Have you been sleeping all day?" Abba asks.

I smile coming out and closing the door. Abba never comes in my room and sometimes instead of calling me on my phone and telling me to come see him he walks to my room. He takes advantage of any moment so he can stretch. To stay healthy.

We start walking, going downstairs to his living room.
"No, I can't sleep after 8am"
"You got that from me" he says smiling widely.

"I just need you to get me a few things at Karim's store. You're the only one I can trust with it"
I smile "I know"

"I'll give you the list, and then give you a cheque to give to him"
I nod.

::

That freaking Karim!
I would have been sleeping but he completely messed up last week's order.

He's so freaking clueless.
I walk in the shop trying to remain calm. I'm opening up my restaurant in a week and I've finally finished all I had to do so I thought I could finally rest but unfortunately I have to go back again.

I walk in the shop but all I could hear was laughter, I could actually feel the vibration bounce of the walls.
There were probably 5 to 6 guys in the shop.
His employees kept greeting as I made my way deeper into the shop and infront of his office door.

I raise my hand to knock but stop when I hear someone call my name.
"Miruna?"

I turn around and see Thabit behind me.
"What a surprise" he says rather boredly.
His tone sounding a bit insulting to me.

"Yes?"
He smiles "Can I help with anything?"

I raise my eyebrows mockingly "You work here?"
"What? It's not up to your level" he shakes his head "Not really, Karim is my cousin and he's not in at the moment. What can I help you with?"

"It's Karim I need to talk to"
"Then call him or wait" he starts walking.

"Wait! Sorry I'm just a bit moody" I blurt out. I have no idea why I was apologizing to him but I just felt like I needed to.

He smiles "it's okay but honestly I'm not sure when he's going to be back"
"Aren't you in charge while he's gone?" I ask.

He chuckles "No, that's the manager's job. I'm just here chatting with some friends. Want to join?"
I shake my head "I'll just wait in his office".
"You can't wait alone, I'll keep you company".

I nod.

Why?
Why am I so nice to this guy out of all the men I've met?
Why him?

Because he's different, I could sense that since the first day our eyes met. He seemed so uninterested and calm. Nothing about the world seemed to entice him.

Even the way he talks is different, the way he behaves and the way he makes me feel like I'm normal and not a prey.

There's just something about him.

::