4: Be Mine.

Soooo well the thing is, I might actually be crushing.
It's unusual and doesn't sound like me at all but I am.

Thabit and I have been talking on the phone for about 3weeks now. He and I exchanged numbers after waiting for Karim for 3hours a while back.

He's easy to talk to, understanding, patient, smart, optimistic, valiant in-fact I'll take days talking about him.

"Are you coming in or not?"
I raise my head and look at her with a grin.
"I zoned out"

She rolls her eyes "Obviously"
I walk in and sit while she locks the door.
Fatahiyya is my married cousin, she's only 3years older than I am. Her mother is my mother's only sibling.

"So? Who got you smiling like that?"
I blush "Who says it's because of someone?"

"I know you"
I shake my head "Well it's not"

She nods "Fine, if you don't want to tell me"
I smile "His name is Thabit".

She looks at me suspiciously "Yes? So?"
"I really like him, like a lot"
She smiles worriedly "Can you trust him?"

"Yes, I can and I do"
"Are you sure?"

I nod.
"Then I trust him too and I hope you know that you're staying the night here. Mumtaz is sleeping over at his grandma's house today".
"I can't, Abba is coming back today"

"But I don't want to stay alone tonight. Nafi'u travelled and I might have told him that you'd be staying over"
"Okay, I'll call Abba and tell him"

She hugs me tightly "Thank you so much".
"Don't choke me" I try and wriggle myself out but failing hopelessly.

::

"You've been smiling all day"
"Huh?" I raise my head looking at Abba confused.

He smiles "Is there something you're not telling me?"
I start blushing.
I shake my head "What could I possibly keep from you?"

He looks at me suspiciously but shakes his head "I haven't seen you like this in a very long time"

"Well—there is a reason"
He puts his plate on the carpet next to him and crosses his arms, paying attention to me.
"I'm all ears Mimi"

"Well I met this guy a while back"
He shakes his head "I could've guessed, so?"

"Abba he's different from all the other guys, he's smart and calm so I know you'll like him".
He nods "So he wants to take my daughter from me"

I giggle "Abba it's not that deep".
"But things are okay and going strong?"

Well it's not like he has officially asked me out but I'm not telling my father that now.

"Yes, yes they are"
I know I might come to regret my words later but let me just let this old man celebrate happily today.
"Then that's all that matters to me".

"Yeah. He lost his mother too"
He shakes his head "That's too bad, May her soul Rest In Peace".
"Amin".

::

Thabit's POV.

I crack my knuckles while she just stares shocked.
I smile.

"What are you doing here?" Miruna asks worriedly "Are you okay? Is everything fine?"

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this pretty girl but right now I'm living with a bruised ego and I'm not sure how far I'm willing to take this but I think she and I will make a cute couple, don't you agree?

"I can't come see you?" I ask pretending to be hurt "I just thought you were the one person I thought I could count on in a time of need but I guess—"
She smiles "That won't work on me"

And sometimes she just intrigues me genuinely.
"Honestly I was on my way home and decided to drop by to see you"

"Okay but my dad is in town and i don't want him getting the wrong idea about us"

I raise my eyebrows questionably "And that means?"
"It means he'll think you're my boyfriend, I don't want that"

"So? You don't want me as your boyfriend or you don't want your dad thinking we're dating?"
"He gets excited and I don't want him getting his hopes up".

I nod trying to grasp and understand the hidden meaning behind everything she says. That's women for you.
"So you don't want to get your hopes up?"

"I wasn't talking about myself" she answers defensively.
"Well I'm talking about you, you're the one I came to see and you're certainly the one I'm always excited to talk to so Miruna I'm talking about you, why don't you want to get your hopes up?"

She frowns, I'm obviously crossing a boundary she put up for herself but I'm definitely about to tear it down.

She stays quiet.
"Miruna, will you be mine?"

She smiles "Thabit, goodnight" she walks in before I could utter another word.

Like I said I find her intriguing.

::

I fall on the couch with a thud.
Seconds later Tahir comes running out.

As usual wearing nothing but his faded grey shorts.
"What's for dinner?"

I stare back at him in disbelief, look at my watch then back at him. "it's 11pm and you're asking me 'what's for dinner?' Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that? I just got back"

He rolls his eyes looking annoyed "Well this morning you said you might get us food on your way back"

I scoff disbelievingly "You dumbass! I said 'might' and I said if I close early. Does it seem early to you?"
He smiles "Not really"

I get up shaking my head "You got back and didn't eat because you were waiting for me? Are you serious?"

"I was watching, I got distracted"
I nod "Okay. Is there stew in the fridge?"

He nods.
I walked over to where he was standing "Well I was getting annoyed by the fact that I left the bread in the car, why don't you get it help yourself to some bread and warm stew" I smile "You can even take it with hot tea or a cold drink, whichever suits your taste brother" I pat him on the back and walk in laughing.

"Vengeance!" He shouts back.
"Yeah Yeah whatever"

::

::

::