13: Just You and I.

I groan.
I turn over and over again.
I groan again.

"You know, you can just wake up" I hear Thabit's voice.

I groan again pulling the duvet over my head.
"Hmm, okay then"
The whole room turns quiet. No sound and I didn't hear him leave.

Suddenly the duvet is pulled off completely.
I groan louder.
"Stop groaning and wake up"

I stare at him, almost bursting into tears "I didn't sleep throughout last night"
"I remember telling you not to stay up all night watching Korean films".

"It's called kdrama" I defend.
He pulls me up, not letting go off my hands until I was standing on my own two feet. He put his arms around me.

"You look even more gorgeous when you're sleepy" he jokes.
I turn my head away not saying anything.

"You look sexy too" he adds trying to get a reaction out of me but I couldn't.
I wriggle out of his arms and take a few steps back "Don't insult me, I'm going to go brush my teeth" I make my way to the bathroom.

"Your bathroom is right here" he says as I kept walking.
"I know, I'm going to yours!"

I could hear him laughing behind me.

::

Okay.
Yes I'm in my own home and yes I love my husband, it's still weird when I say it.
But I do, what I don't like is sitting idly at home doing nothing.

And Fatahiyya on her own is handling the restaurant perfectly. I just want something that will distract me a little. Thabit is always at work from 8am to 7pm so it's always a bit lonely.

Someone knocks on the door.
I lazily get up and open it.
"Munira!" I exclaim when I see her.

She hugs me. "You seem overly excited to see me"
"I was getting really bored alone"

She giggles as I led her in.
We sit on the couch.

"So how's everything going? How's married life?" She asks smiling widely.

I could tell she was nervous but about what?
"Everything has been great so far but it gets really lonely when he's at work"
"That's true" she says.

I stare at her "Is there something you want to tell me? You look nervous"
She smiles guiltily "Miruna I'm getting married".

I gasp "That's great news, when?"
"In two months. On the 18th"
I hold her hand "That's exactly a month from today. I'm so happy for you. So you kept your fiancé a secret from us?" I joke.

She still looked nervous.
"You all know him"
"Who is it?" I ask worriedly.

"It's Fawaz"

I freeze.
Just staring at her.

"Fawaz? As in Fawaz? Habiba's Fawaz?"
"He's not Habiba's Fawaz because I liked him first" she says calmly.

I nod. I didn't want to blame and reject her before hearing what she has to say.
"You know that right? That I liked him first"

In her defense she did and then Habiba started her obsession with him and we all forgot about Munira's feelings for him. She never said anything and just backed Habiba up, probably because she seemed so desperate to be with him.

"How long have you two been together?" I ask nervously. If it's recent it won't be a problem but if it's not, it going to be a bit difficult.
"7years"

I try my best to hide my shock "Since we were in school, so the rumors were true?"
"Yes and when you all heard it I broke up with him but eventually we got back together after three months, it's not a crime and I did nothing wrong".

"I understand and now you're getting married. You're afraid of their reaction"
"I want to avoid anything that would hurt any of them but I'm getting married to him, I love him and he loves me back, I'm not putting them first this time".

I nod "It's understandable. We'll just come up with a solution, I'll call Fatahiyya. She's my cousin and we all respect her".
She nods "Thank you Miruna".
"You're welcome".

::

Sophie's POV.

I look at the time and huff.
I called a girl who works in a same company as Abdayn and she told me he left work since 6pm but it's already 1am and he still isn't back yet.

I called several times but he just sent a text saying he'd be home soon and I should stop bothering him.

How can I?
What if he's cheating already?
It's going to be a month since we got married in three days.

The front door opens and I take a step back. Afraid someone broke in but then I see my husband.
"Abdayn, why are you only getting home now? Are you okay?"

He shrugs and walks in.
"You can't disregard me when I'm talking to you"

He just stares at me "You nag too much, just shut up" he pushes me aside and makes his way up the stairs.

I stand there looking at him.
"Sleep in your room"

He's saying it like I have ever slept in his. The only time you see him in my bedroom is when he wants to have sex. I'm not a sex toy, I'm his wife.

::

Do you know the worst feeling ever?
When you're slowly breaking inside and you can't tell anyone.

You have to go through every single moment on your own.
I can't talk to anyone of my friends about my relationship with my husband because we're just not on the same level anymore, Miruna's friends obviously don't like me and Miruna will look down on me.

I can't seem to tell my family because I'm scared it will escalate and he'll hear about it.

I huff.
"What are you thinking about?" My sister Sauda asks me.

I shake my head "Nothing really, just life"
She's our second, her husband died two years ago leaving her with two kids both male, they're all in the university now anyway.

"Abdayn isn't treating you well, right?"
I shake my head "He's a sweet man"

"No Saffiyya, if he was treating you right, made you happy and fulfilled his duties as your husband you wouldn't be looking this glum".

I smile "I'm fine".
She nods "So how's Miruna?"

I groan "I don't know, we haven't spoken since the marriage".
"Hers or yours?"
"Hers"

She tilts her head questionably "You went to her wedding?"
I nod.

"I didn't know, you didn't post it"
I scoff "I don't have to".

"Do you have something against her?"
"Nope I don't"
"Okay then but if you can't talk to me at least talk to someone else, don't bottle up for feelings"

::