11: We're Over This.

We were all lying down on the carpet watching Spider-Man: No Way Home.
"Let's watch something else, it's boring" Habiba complains "Let's watch something romantic"

"How about something erotic for the bride?" Fatahiyya suggests.
"Did she tell you she wanted to watch something erotic?" Maimuna asks.

Sadiya yawns "Everything has been so fun and memorable but tonight is the last night before the wedding so let's hit it with a home run".

I press pause "So? What should we do? You're the bridesmaids, make the decision".
Fatahiyya nods agreeing "It's not for the bride".

"How about a little bit of a truth game" Munira suggests with a smirk.
"Truth or dare?" I ask.

"Yes intense truth or dare. And we're making oaths".
Habiba gets up and picks up the Quran on my nightstand.

I stand "What are you guys doing?"
"Isn't this the same thing they do in courts? So someone doesn't lie the only difference is maybe your life is on the line. So are you willing to risk your life for a petty truth?"

Everyone stays quiet.
Habiba sits with the Quran "The bride should start"
I look at them unsure "Can we really use it for a petty game?" I shake my head "Let's just tell the truth, let's not cross a line we're not sure of".

Munira, Maimuna and Fatahiyya agree.

So after making oaths we start with Maimuna.
"Mimi you're up first" I say.

"I really wish Rose was here today" she says "She always asks the worst questions".

"She said she'd be here any moment now"
"For real?"

I nod.
"Okay" she smiles evilly "Munira, did you really date Fawaz?"

Okay, this might not seem like anything but it is.
When we were in Js1 Habiba had a huge crush on Fawaz and we all knew about it. We were all in the same Islamic school except for Sophie, we all met there.
He was in the same class with us but in school we were in primary six around 9-10years old and he in Js2, 14years old.

So when we were all in Js3, Habiba finally confessed her feelings for him. Everyone in that school knew about her feelings for him.
She would get flogged by the teachers for reading the Quran wrong because she was too busy staring at him.

I have never seen anyone like someone the way she liked him. I think at some point it became an obsession.

He and Munira attended the same secondary school while the rest of us attended different ones. I don't know how but a rumor started circulating that the two were dating and they were hiding it from us.

Habiba went ballistic but she couldn't prove it and Munira always denied it. Fawaz never said a thing to anybody about it, he kept saying he didn't need to answer their stupid questions but Fawaz was always like that so no one knew if he was trying to avoid telling the truth.

Eventually he graduated and went abroad and we never saw him again. Habiba dated, broke up, got heartbroken, fell in love with other guys but those feelings still exist.

She denies it but we all know.

"So?" Sophie asks speaking for the first time. I might have told her the whole story a while back, don't blame me, things were so intense.

"Remember Habiba doesn't care about him anymore so you can tell us the truth". Fatahiyya says.

I didn't want to stop the game and ruin the night but things are about to get heated. The moment Habiba sits up, things would get out of hand.

"I told you, I don't care. It's all in the past so you can tell you" Habiba says denying it.
"Tell us" Sadiya says nudging Munira.

Munira stares at the carpet, fidgeting.

"If you didn't why would it take you so long to say it" Habiba says sitting up.
"Let's calm down" I say.

Suddenly Munira bursts out laughing.
"Come on, I never dated Fawaz".
"Then why did you take so long to answer one fucking question?" Habiba asks angrily.

"Calm down, I thought you said you didn't care and I just liked the intensity".
"Whatever" Fatahiyya says.

Maimuna sighs "I thought they'd be a fist fight".
They all lie. Everyone felt tensed when Habiba got serious because we all knew what would happen if it was true.
Chaos.

"That was crazy"

We all turn around and see Rose standing by the door. "You people couldn't have waited for me?"

I smile "Rosy" I say getting up to hug her as she approached me.
"Your future baby daddy is downstairs with his friend"

I grab the veil on Maimuna's head and hurry out. I could hear the others following behind.
"We finally get to see him" Someone whispers.

I hurry down the stairs and composed myself when I stand outside the living room door. I fix my veil and open the huge doors.
The girls follow behind.

I see Thabit and Abdayn seated, conversing.
I was surprised because Sophie told me he travelled and he wasn't coming back until the weekend.

"Babe" Thabit calls me when he sees me "Sorry for coming without calling" he says walking towards me "I just had to see you".

I smile "You know I love surprises" we hug.

The girls come in, all beaming with smiles.
He pulls back and turns to them.
"Seems you have friends over".

"It's so nice to meet you, I'm Maimuna" she introduces herself.
"Oh, the crazy friend"

She gasps smiling sheepishly "She told you about me? I hope only good things".
He looks at me and smiles before turning back "You know your friend here doesn't say much".

"My brother in-law is here".
"Fatahiyya, it's not shocking you're here too". He jokes.

"You know I love a good old fashioned get together".
He nods smiling.

"Abdayn?" Sophie calls when she comes in. At first she was surprised but eventually just smiles "You're here to surprise me too".

The guy looked completely unbothered and somewhat annoyed.
"You're here? I thought—" he trails off when he sees my friends ogling him. "It's good to see you" he just tells her simply.

Something was off but I didn't want to pry, it was a decision she made herself.

::