17: What's Yours Is Mine Too.

I know Miruna always goes to the restaurant on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, I also know that Thabit would be at home, it's the weekend anyway.

I knock.
"I'm coming" I hear a his voice.
The door opens revealing him disheveled. Probably put on the shirt when he heard the knock.

"Hey" I say shyly.
He smiles "Saffiyya, come in".

He moves aside and makes way for me. I enter and sit on the couch. He sits on the couch next to mine.
"Unfortunately Miruna is out at the moment but she'll be back soon. I'll go call her".

He steps out and comes back minutes later with carton drink in one hand and a bottle of water in another. He keeps it and goes back in again, comes out with a glass cup.

I'm sure Miruna always serves his guests but I found the effort cute.
He keeps it "She says she'll be back in twenty minutes.

He tries to walk out "Thabit?"
He turns and looks at me, raising his eyebrows "I did as you said"

He walks back and sits, resting his arms on his thighs, leaning on them.
"He said he never loved me"

"He said that?" Sounding not in the least surprised.
"It doesn't seem to faze you".

"It wouldn't and you got the reaction you wanted"
"How? I never wanted that" I say confused.
"He'll be home more"

"How do you know?"
"Since you know and he has come clean about it he'd think he doesn't have to leave his own home or feel uncomfortable so his attitude and character won't be pleasant either".

"How would anyone want that? An attitude worse than what he has been portraying?"
"Because your attitude won't be pleasant either" He smirks.

.

"You think it'll work?"
He nods smiling "You bet"

The door opens and Miruna comes in with Munira following behind, both women seem happy and contented.
"You're back?" Thabit asks getting up.

She nods and turns smiling at me "Sorry for making you wait so long, let's go upstairs".

She turns to her husband "Yeah and I'm exhausted. I'll rest up and start dinner in an hour?" She asks.
"Nope, we can just order since you're tired. I'm heading out to see Salman"

"The neighbor?"
He nods before walking in.
"Sophie it's good to see you" Munira says laughing widely.

"You seem overly excited, something you're keeping from me?"
She shakes her head "Your card is in my bag anyway, let's go up" she says pulling me as we followed Miruna upstairs.

::

Fawaz's POV.

Finally leaving this house.
Don't get me wrong it's not like I don't like it here but things will change for the better.

I'd be with Munira and we'd do what we want, eat what we want unlike here at home where we either have to eat what my dad wants, we cook ourself, go out to eat or stay hungry.

And this is a big house with a lot of people. Baba has raised a lot of his nephews and nieces so it's always been a full house. Thankfully some of the girls are considerate and make us something.

Let's not talk about errands, I'm twenty seven, I have over 7younger ones and they still send me on errands. Even though 3 out of the seven are girls and are all married.

Someone knocks on my bedroom door and I huff.
"Who is it?"

Saalim, my cousin opens the door "A girl is here to see you" he winks "She's sexy"
I raise my eyebrows "If it's not Munira then I don't want to see anyone".

He stares at me boredly "She seems to know you so well"
"What's her name?"
His smile broadens "That's for you to find out. Put on a shirt or something and go see her".

After putting on my shirt I head outside to the gazebo and freeze for a moment before walking in and sitting across her.
"Habiba, what are you doing here?" I ask.

She smiles "Surprised to see me?"
"No, stunned. How'd you even know where I live?"

She giggles "I'm Habiba Ahmed Jega, it shouldn't surprise you"
I nod "So? What's the intention behind your visit?"

She smiles "Just to see an old friend".
I huff "Look, Habiba I have nothing against you and I'm not sure exactly how deep your feelings are but you and I are not old friends and you being here in my parents house is just unethical and straight up disrespectful".

She laughs sarcastically "Don't flatter yourself, those feelings don't exist anymore".
"Then why are you here?"

"To tell you that because of you I lost a friend and Munira lost a friend too".
"That's not something you can tell me over the phone?"

"No and I also want you to know that I'm over you and the next time we meet, it's going to be at your wedding" she stands "It's good seeing you again". She starts walking towards the gate.

At least that's settled.

::

He rolls his eyes.
"So you really think she has forgotten about everything just like that?" Bilal asks me.

After Habiba's visit I've been feeling like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders though I'm still not sure why she had to come to my parents house.

He looks at me like I've gone crazy.
"Stop looking at me like that, I know what I'm talking about"

He stares at me "So why did she go to your parents house? What if it was your mum who saw her or your dad?"

"And so?"
He shakes his head "Why can't you see it?"
"See what? She's Munira's friend, she won't do something like that".

"You really don't know women or you just want to believe that"
"I don't" I say with patent sincerity.

He nods "Everyone knows you're rarely at home especially now"
"And how would she know that?" I ask sitting up.

"How did she know where your house is? It's not so hard to figure it out so I advice you avoid this girl until you're married"

I nod "but man I don't know, I don't even talk to the girl so how am I supposed to avoid someone I don't see or talk to?"

"Tell your fiancé to avoid her too"
I nod "let's go, I'm hungry".

"What are you ordering?"
I stare at him, I always order the same thing.

He bursts out laughing "I shouldn't have asked".

::