Tag, you're it!

I'm still working on fixing the previouse chapters so if things are a bit different and some of the previous plot has changed it's because I have done some heavy editing to it. I'm back on track now and have already made a few new chapters so this book is going to have at least a month of steady update. I plan on updating every two weeks because I am also working on a new book!

Sorry for the wait, I really hope you like this chapter. I really tried to stick to Rin original personality.
---------------------------------------------------------------

“Oi Reiji, take this,” Ayato points at me, who is ‘oh so calmly’ sitting on his shoulders tangling his hair with my fingers, “off of me, he’s been up my ass all day.”

Mother Reiji looks up from his desk, giving an unamused glare at Ayato. “Rin, why are you bothering Ayato, don’t you have homework to do?”

I grin evilly at Reiji whilst tugging on Tomato-heads hair, earning me a small hiss from him. “I, my dear mother, have gotten help from this thing,” I return the point gesture to the Tomato wannabe. “He and Subaru have tag-teamed to help me study.”

Reiji adjusts his glasses as he rises from his seat and makes his way to where Ayato and I are at. He raises his arms over Ayato's head and under my armpits, lifting me off his shoulders and into his arms. 

I grumble and make a fuss. Ayato is fun to be around even with his annoying ego, he actually plays with me unlike all the other brothers. Kanato plays with me but I always have to play dress up or do tea parties and I always have a stomach ache after I leave his room because of how much cake he feeds me. 

“But I wanna play tag!! Tomato-head, I’ll call you Ore-sama for a whole day if you keep playing with me.” I offer Ayato one of my best awarding puppy dog eyes, surely he can’t abandon this cute thing, right?

“Unfortunately, I cannot. I have things to do today, kid.” Ayato shakes his head and walks out of the office door.

“Don’t call me a kid.” I mumble glaring at the now closed door.

Shifting my eyes to Reiji I pout. “Whyy!? I’m so bored! What’s more important than spending time with me, I’m adorably right Mama??”

Mother Reiji sighs and heads back towards the desk. “First, don’t call me mama, mother, or anything of the sort,” He finally sits down and I make myself more comfortable, “and second, he has to go to work.”

“Ayato works? He has a job? Since When? Mother, are you listening???” 

“I just tol- nevermind.” Mother Reiji sighs and caresses the bridge of his nose with disappointment.” Ayato wanted working experience so he applied for a modeling gig, he starts work today.”

I am shooketh, Ayato’s a model!? No wait, now that I think about it, it suits him, should have seen it coming with the ego of his. Guess I can’t annoy him much anymore.

“Hey Mother, I still wanna play tag.” I bluntly vocalize, glancing at Reiji. He contemplates for a bit and then sighs once again; it must be his signature gesture. He takes off his glasses and brushes back his hair with his fingers, he then taps my side signaling me to get up. 

“Let me change my clothes first.”

We make our way out of the office and towards his bedroom, he grabs some stuff out of his closet and heads to his connected bathroom. I sit on the bed waiting for him. Coming out of the bathroom I see that he changed into some more comfortable black jeans and a regular wine tinted t-shirt.

“Alright, let's move to the backyard.” This is the first, Mother Reiji is willing to play with me, and a child's game at that.

He grabs my hand and I practically skip as he leads us outside, passing a very confused Yui who is holding a cloth to her neck. Must have gotten bitten again. They have laid off on biting me as much because a few weeks ago they took too much and I didn’t wake up for a good two days. Seems Yui is facing the other side of said incident, not that I really care, she’s not dead yet.

We make it outside. It’s warm and slightly windy, perfect weather to play in. We arrive at a clearing and that's when Mother Reiji lets go of my hand. 

“Here are the rules before we play.” He states as he faces me, great, we love rules. I mentaly roll my eyes. “No going into the forest. No going inside, we already have enough broken things because of your antics. Stay away from the roses, I don’t want you falling into the thorns. And lastly, watch your feet as you run please, you tend to trip over your own feet.” 

I playfully glare at Reiji, am I that big of a trouble maker? He smirks. I quickly nod, agreeing to the list of rules given to me. 

And with that I take off, running like a bat out of hell as giggles pass through my lips. I can hear Reiji’s footsteps not so far behind me, his slow jogging matching the pace of my full out sprint. It’s kinda sweet knowing he is purposefully slowing down just so I can have fun. 

Being wary of the flowers I run through the walkway full speed, making sharp turns through the garden, not so successfully trying to trick Mother Reiji. I squeal as a hand gently taps my back. I’ve been caught, and now I’m ‘it’.

I spin around since it is now my turn to chase after Reiji and dart after him. After a few turns and a run out breath I lose sight of him. I walk around trying to find Reji while gaining some of my breath back and stumble across Subaru, who seems to be tending to the roses.

“Hey Subaru, have you seen Reiji?” I question, looking around to see if I can find any sight of him. “No, why?” Subaru tilts his head to the side bemused. 

“We’re playing tag and I looked away for a second while chasing him and when I looked back he vanished, poof.” I make a ‘poofing’ gesture with my hands.

“Reiji’s playing with you?” He asks, almost like it’s unbelievable.

“Yep!” I exclaim, very proud of the fact that I got him to play with me, although it didn’t take much.

“Interesting...” he prolongs the word while picking me up. He then scans the area and shifts his weight to his right foot, seemingly about to bolt to a certain direction, “Looks like I’ll need to assist you then.” He smiles smugly as he zooms torwars the far end of the garden.

Oh, this is going to be fun.

1380
_______________________________________________

I plan on deleting some of the authors notes because there are wayyyyy to much of them. I also pla on changing the cover again because I'm not really liking the current one and my pen name has changed.

I don't know when my new schedule set up will be but I do have four chapters ready and made to be updated so for now it will be every other week when I post them!

Thank you all for your support and patience, I really appreciate it. And also thank you to the ones that gave me idea's for my book, I would not be able to live without them right now!!!

I can't write too much right now because of the fact I am busy but I plan on merging chapters together to make longer chapters depending on the votes! It didn't change much but I would really love the motivation.

I love to read everyones comments and I laugh at a lot of them so please keep them up XD. I am also still open to book ideas so if anyone has any ideas feel free to comment them, I WILL CREDIT YOU!!!

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day, night, afternoon. Love you all! <3

Belemour Zevari