Taeyong looked at Doyoung in alarm, his emotions conflicting with his need to comfort Doyoung. Should he hug him? No! He can’t touch him! He stared helplessly at the sobbing Doyoung, who was sitting with his legs in a W shape, burying his face in his hands.

    “Touch…me…please,” Taeyong heard Doyoung murmur weakly. Despite being surprised by the request, he slowly reached for Doyoung’s hand and held it gently in his.

  Taeyong was lying on his side, facing Doyoung, whose legs were still in a W. Doyoung used his free hand to wipe the tears on his cheeks which were flushed pink from crying.

  “It’s okay…” Taeyong grazed his thumb on Doyoung’s smooth hand, rubbing a circle to comfort him.

  Taeyong was studying Doyoung’s expression carefully, so that he would know if he was going overboard with Doyoung’s request.

  “Doyoung, look at me,” Taeyong tugged Doyoung’s hand lightly. He gave Doyoung a warm smile when Doyoung repositioned his gaze on him.

  “Calm down and breathe slowly,” Taeyong did not stop drawing shapes with his thumb on the back of Doyoung’s hand although Doyoung did not return the smile.

  “Let’s not talk about this anymore alright? Let’s just go to sleep,” Taeyong released Doyoung’s hand and reached for the night-light on the small table. A click was heard and a warm glow filled the room. But not as warm as Taeyong’s smile. Doyoung had a quiet thought as he watched Taeyong get off the bed to close the curtains.

  Taeyong felt the gentle autumn breeze when he was closer to the window. He drew the curtains shut and returned to the bed.

  He sighed as he lay next to Doyoung. “Goodnight, sleep tight, but not too tight, your lungs won’t get any oxygen,” Taeyong yawned as his eyelids dropped.

  Doyoung refused to fall asleep right after. He observed how comfortably Taeyong lwas sleeping and listened carefully to the contented breathing of Taeyong.

  The warm light of the night-light grazed Taeyong's face. Doyoung fell asleep listening to the gentle snoring from Taeyong.

🌃🌃

🌄

  Doyoung woke up only to be met with an unfamiliar environment. He sat up in a hurry. Where was this bedroom? He turned to his right side to see Taeyong sleeping peacefully, undisturbed by Doyoung's sudden movements.

  Yesterday's events flooded Doyoung's brain. He let out a long, overdue sigh. He noticed their close proximity and wriggled further away until he was comfortable with the gap.

  However that moment, he felt a strange, unfamiliar cold surge into his heart. He wondered where the warmth had gone as he tugged the blanket draped across their bodies to cover more of his shivering body.

  Was the heater off? He turned to his right. No, the heater was right next to him and in top-notch condition as it was regularly maintained by the hosts of this house. Subconsciously he inched closer to Taeyong who was deep sleeper. Taeyong did not stir even when the bed creaked under Doyoung's weight.

  Doyoung felt a gentle, tingling heat seep into him as he lay curled up next to Taeyong. He observed the boy’s pink hair. Despite the school being rather strict academically, they were lenient on the attire. Which ended up meaning that everyday at school was a fashion competition.

  He landed his gaze to the hand that was pulling the pink hair. Doyoung found the pink-haired latter’s sleeping habits rather adorable. His gaze lingered on Taeyong’s hand. He wanted to hold it, just like he did yesterday. It felt nice, as Doyoung would describe. It did not suffocate him like the tight hug Taeyong had given him in the cupboard on that horrendous day.

  The other’s intentions were quite obvious: he wanted to comfort Doyoung. Although Doyoung hoped that the hug would not happen again, and he was confident that Taeyong got the rough idea of his avoidance to contact.

  He was surprised himself; he wanted the innocent touch again. Holding hands: was like having someone to walk down the painful path with him. He contemplated for a while before reaching for Taeyong’s hand to get the touch he was nearly craving for.

thank you for the support. Ink cannot pen my gratitude. We hit 110+ reads. If you've stayed since the start, I shake you warmly by your hand.

predebut nct: