Chapter 3: It's Time

-Scott's POV

Once I woke up and got myself somewhat decent looking, I decided to wake up Liz so she can get ready for school. I peeked in the room, and felt a smile tug at my lips when I saw Liz and Bagel cuddled up next to each other. I quietly walked over and sat on the bed. "Liz," I gently shook her. "time to get up and ready for school."

she mumbled quietly, but it kind of sounded like a "But I don't wanna." I just smiled and shook her a little more. "Liz, get up now. You're going to be late." I tried to sound stern but failed. She was just too cute. "Daddy, can Bagel come to school with me?" Liz asked with the biggest puppy eyes she could do.

"No, but if you get ready now, Bagel can come for the ride to school." I told the small girl, trying to convince her to wake up. Hearing this, Liz snapped up her head and tried to run out of the bed, but failed and tripped over Bagel, almost falling off the bed. I caught her just in time so she didn't hurt herself.

"What are you doing Daddy?" she asked me. "Umm, saving you...?" Wait, what does she mean? "Daddy! Why are you saving me? We need to get ready for school so Bagel can come with us!" Liz said frantically while i just laughed. "Daddy! Hurry up!" Liz hopped out my arms and ran to grab some clothes.

-Avi's POV

I've been up since 5:00 am, thinking about this whole situation about what I'm feeling. Now it's almost 7:00 am. Why am I thinking so hard about this? Maybe I'm just going to talk with the group about this because I'm not sure if I should really adopt a child. Am I even ready? Will I be able to give her the life she deserves?

All this deep thinking is giving me a headache. I got up and took a nice, hot shower to clear my head. I'm just going to go ahead and talk to everyone when Scott comes back. When I was downstairs, Mitch and Kirstie were already awake and were on their phones, while Kevin was laying on his back. Aaaaand Mitch just drew on his face with a marker.

"Guys?" I say laughing. The pair looks at me with a shocked expression. I just laughed more as Kevin started to wake up. "KEVIN YOUR FACE!" I yelled. "AVI!" Mitch yelled at me. I just doubled over in laughter as Kevin looked into a mirror, but he didn't get mad. He just joined me in laughing which just mad all of us laugh even more.

"That's what I get for falling asleep." Kevin said, wiping a tear that had fallen from laughing so much. Ok, now Scott was back and we were calmed down. It was time. "Guys? I have something to say. It's really important..." I began. Everybody looked up from their activities and I sighed. Running a hand through my hair, I tell them what has been on my mind lately.

"Well, ever since I hung out with Liz, I felt as if something is missing in my life. Like I'm happy when I'm around Liz, or any little girl for that matter... What exactly does this mean? I've been trying to figure it out, but I can't." I bury my face in my hands and Kirstie pats me on the back.

"Avi, I think what you need is a little girl of your own." she told me. I looked at her and frowned. Not a superfrown. Just a frown. "But what if I can't give her the life she deserves? What if I'm not ready? What if I'm not a good fa-fa..." I bury my hands in my face once again. I just can't say the word.

"Avi, don't worry." Scott smiled at me. "You'll be a great father." "Thanks guys. I think I'm ready to go now." I smiled. "I'm going to go find my daughter." I stood up and grabbed my keys, and headed out to my car. I hope they're right. I hope I'm ready.

When I finally arrived at the orphanage, I took a deep breath, Probably deeper than my voice. I slowly stepped through the front door and looked around. This place was in pretty good condition. There's a lady at the front desk who appears to be around 19 or 20, and she looks pretty nice. I walk up to her and smiled.

"Hello there, sir! Welcome to Sunshine Enchanted Orphanage! Where kids find their happy ending! How can I help you toda- oh my goodness, you're Avi from Pentatonix!" Her tone went from very forced to genuinley happy. "Uhh, hi! Yes I am!" I smiled at her.

'S-So, uhh, how can I h-help you today?" She said nervously. "I'm looking for a girl about 3 or 4 years old. I need someone I can love." I whispered the last part to myself, but I'm sure she heard it.

"I have the perfect girl for you! Hey, Ellie! Come down here please!" A few moments later, a small girl emerges from a hallway and looks up at me. "Avi, this is Elizabeth, but she likes to be called Ellie." She grins and I look down at her. I smile at her and make my desicion. "She's perfect."

"Hi! I'm Ellie!" She said, obviously having a lot if energy. "Hi Ellie. I'm Avi." I replied, crouching down in front of her. "If you want, you can go in there and talk for a while." The woman said, pointing in the direction of a little sitting room. I nodded, and held my hand out, the little girl grabbing on to it as we walked to the sitting room.

We sat down, an I pulled out my phone to show her some pictures. "Who's that?" She asked, when I showed her a picture if the band, that Liz was also included in. "That's little Liz. She's his daughter." I said, pointing to Scott, then telling her his name, along with everyone else. "She just turned six."

"So there will be another girl? It's mainly boys here, and they're all gross." She said, and I laughed at that statement. "Yep. Liz has wanted a sibling for a long time. You'll also have Kirstie, who loves little girls." I said this, and she propped herself up on my shoulder.

"So how old are you?" I said, as that was never said by the woman. "Three and three quarters." She said, a huge smile on her face. Man, she was cute.

"Why don't you stay in here for a minute, while I go some stuff, to see if I can adopt you?" I said, and her face lit up. " You're gonna adopt me? Really?" She said, sitting herself up on her knees. "I hope so."