Chapter 5: Meeting Ellie

-Avi's POV

Scott took Liz to her room so that she can probably calm down. "Why she leave?" Ellie asked me, while a tiny frown tugged at her lips.

"Ellie, try not to talk about things like that with Liz, ok? It's a sensitive topic for her. She... She was in an accident and got hurt, so it makes her upset when we talk about it, ok?" I tried to explain to the child resting in my arms.

Ellie nodded and looked down. "I sowwy." the toddler said and rubbed her eyes like she was going to cry. "Hey, hey c'mon. Don't cry." I hushed her, not wanting her to be sad.

"Think of a way to make it up to her." I said, placing Ellie in the floor. "I'll be right back." I left the room and when I returned, Ellie was still there. Only this time, she had a mark. Ellie must've taken a marker and drawn a line on her face.

"This way!" Ellie exclaimed. I chuckled at how how cute it was that she was making it up to Liz. "Ok, let's go." I said taking Ellie's hand, her tiny toddler fingers intertwined with my own larger ones.

We went up to Liz's room, Scott passing us on the way. "Hey Liz, Ellie has something she wants to tell you." A tiny sigh escaped Liz's mouth as Ellie walk through the the door, but her tiny frown was soon replaced by a smile when she saw what Ellie had done.

Ellie looked at Liz, her eyes saying everything she needed to know. "Apology accepted." Liz spoke, giving Ellie a hug. "Wanna play a game?" Ellie asked, her eyes bright again. Liz shook her head. "Oh come on Liz! It'll be fun!" I tried to persuade her.

After begging for a while, Liz gave in and the three of us went back to everyone. "You ok Liz?" Scott asked after giving her a big, loving hug. The small girl nodded and faced Ellie. "Dolls?" she asked, now once again smiling.

-Scott's POV (Before Apology)

I picked Liz up off of the floor, knowing that she needed to calm down. She was such a tough little girl who could keep her emotions in, but saying something about her scar was her weakness. She just couldn't take it.

I carried her, feeling how tense she was, as she was pretty upset. She was crying lightly, covering the scar with her small hand as she laid her head on my chest.

I walked into her room, going over to her small bed. I set her down as she grabbed BoBo off of his place on her pillow. BoBo had earned many more holes and tears, but only one of his scars was important to Liz.

She laid down on her pillow, holding BoBo to her chest as she traced with her tiny finger, a small line sewed onto his cheek in the same spot as Liz's scar. Kirstie had sewed that onto his face, to make Liz feel more comfortable with her looks.

"Da- Daddy." She said through her little cries. "It's okay Baby, don't be sad." I said, stroking her hair with my hand. "I'm- trying." She said, her cries slowly going down.

I smiled at her, as she rubbed her eyes lightly, wiping away leftover tears. "Why did Ellie ask about my-" she started to say, but she obviously didn't want say "Scar" so she stopped there.

"She's really young Babe. She doesn't understand." I told her, taking the hand the hand that wasn't wrapped tightly around BoBo in mine.

"Can I just be alone for a while?" Liz asked me and I nodded, giving a small smile. I stood up, and walked over to the door. I turned around, and blew her a kiss, which she then returned.

As I was walking down the hallway, I passed Avi and Ellie, on their way to Liz's room.

-Scott's POV (After Apology)

"Dolls?" Liz asked, now once again smiling. Ellie nodded enthusiastically, and Liz ran to her room, coming back quickly with part of her collection of dolls.

I watched the two as they played, smiling and laughing. "Hey, Avi?" I said quietly, not wanting to disturb our girls' fun. "Yeah?" I smiled. "You chose the right girl. They're really getting along well."

Avi returned my smile. "Yep. they sure are." I nodded in agreement, turning my attention back to the giggles from our children.