Chapter 2: Career Day

-Scott's POV

"Daddy! I wanna go in there!" Liz said, pretty much pulling me to a little girly store in the mall. "Babe. Chill out." I said, laughing at how hard her tiny arms were trying to pull my body that was double her size. She loosened her grip on my hand, and we started to walk to the door of the store.

"Do you like this?" I said, pulling a pink, sparkly shirt off of a rack. "I don't think Bubba would like it. He says I have to look like I belong in Vogue. I don't think this is it." She said, taking the shirt from my hand and gently placing it back where it came from. I laughed, as all Mitch wanted was to raise a little Beyonce.

"Okay then. Do you see anything you do like?" I asked her, and she looked around, before pointing over to where the jewelry was. "That one!" she said, pointing to a necklace that had a treble clef charm. The microphone necklace from Mitch recently had to be changed into a backpack charm, as it didn't really fit her that well anymore, so she was eager for a new one.

"Okay, How about we get these too, and you can give one to Maggie." I said, grabbing a set of 'Best Friend' necklaces. Maggie had been Liz's best friend since kindergarten. I might as well start paying child support for that child, as they hung out together so much. "Okay!" Liz said, a huge smile on her face.

We went up to the counter, the woman smiling at Liz peeking up over the edge. "Is that all for today?" She said, and I nodded, handing her my card. We bought the necklaces, and I handed the little bag to Liz.

"Do you want to go get some lunch now Babe?" I said, holding out my hand for her grab onto. She nodded, putting her little hand into mine. I smiled at her, then we walked to the food court.

"Can we get Subway?" Liz asked me, pointing to the Subway across the food court. "Sure Babe. Whatever you want." I said, and picked her up off the ground. I don't care how old she is. I will still carry her everywhere.

We made it to the Subway, and I let Liz pick what she wanted on her sandwich, and I picked what I wanted on mine, then waited for them to make it. We got our food, and drinks, then went to find a table.

Liz sat down, and I pushed her chair in. I put her food in front of her, then sat across from her. We both started to eat, and we also started to talk.

"What are you learning in school?" I asked, as she was in an advanced class, and I wanted to know how different it was from the regular first grade class. "We learned how to count by two's. I can go all the way to 200!" She said, obviously proud of herself. I looked at her and gave a small smile.

"My teacher lets me read 3rd grade books." She said, referring to the levels of books she was aloud to read. "And on Thursday, we're having a career day. Can you come and talk about Pentatonix?" she said, and my smile stopped. Mitch and I were having an interview that day.

"I don't know if I can PopTart. Bubba and I have to go somewhere that day. Avi, Kevin, or Kirstie might be able to go." I said, picking up all of the trash from our lunch off of the table. "Really?" she asked, and I nodded.

"Hey, if Avi goes, all your friends will be able to hear how low his voice goes. Don't be sad about me not being able to go." I said, getting up out of my chair, Liz following. "Okay. I guess." she said, and she grabbed onto my hand.

-Avi's POV

I was laying on my bed, staring at my ceiling, and trying to figure out what I was feeling. It's like I'm happy whenever I do something with Liz, but I'm also sad when Scott takes her away. It also kind of feels like I'm missing something deep inside. Like I need something to fill some type of hole.