Chapter 6

-Scott's POV

Liz and Ellie were sitting on the floor, still playing. I noticed that Liz still wasn't acting like herself, but I figured she was probably still a little bit upset about the scar incident

During in an intense conversation in their game, there were several barks, then Bagel ran into the room, pretty much jumping onto Liz and licking her face. "Bagel!" She shouted happily, gently pulling him off of herself, then cuddled him to her chest.

Ellie pushed her self up onto her hands, and slowly started to scoot backwards, running into Mitch's legs. "What's up- Uh, I need to think of a nickname for you..." He said, and Avi and I laughed.

We were laughing, then stopped when we realized that Ellie's lip had started to tremble, and tears were beginning to form in her eyes. "Hey, Hey what's wrong?" Mitch said as he picked her up from her spot on the floor.

She cried onto his shoulder, confusing all of us. Avi stood up to take Ellie from Mitch. As he did so, Mitch made a small gesture to the left, in the direction of where Liz was holding Bagel to her chest. She was holding him, with the most innocent face. She didn't understand why we were all looking at her and Bagel.

"What?" She asked, still very confused. None of us really answered her, as we were focused on Ellie, who was still crying. "Are you scared of Bagel, Princess?" Avi said to Ellie as he took her from Mitch.

-Liz's POV

"Are you scared of Bagel, Princess?" Avi said to Ellie as he took her from Bubba. Avi always called me Princess. Ellie hasn't even been here a day, and she's already getting all the attention.

Ellie nodded lightly, and everyone cooed at her. "Bagel just has a lot of energy. Liz was about your age when we got him for her." Daddy said to her, lifting her chin up with his hand.

I looked over at the digital clock on the TV, and saw that it was almost 8pm. I wasn't tired, but I just wanted to get away from everyone. "Daddy?" I said, and he, and Avi and Bubba, put their attention on me.

"Yeah?" He asked, bending about half way down as he put his hands on his knees. "I wanna go to bed." I said, and he nodded. "Okay." He said, then turned back to Ellie.

I was confused as to what he meant. Normally if I said I wanted to go to bed, he would carry me to my room and sing to me. I decided to ask him. "Daddy. Can you come sing?" I asked him, and he placed one hand on my back, the other on his knee.

"I'm gonna stay out here and help Avi with Ellie. Bubba can come sing to you, okay?" He said, and I looked down. "Come on Liz." Bubba said to me as he held his hand out. He called me Liz. I tried to shake it off, and grabbed his hand.

-Mitch's POV

I felt something bump into my leg, so I looked down, curious as to what it could've been. Realizing it was just Ellie, I spoke, earning a few laughs.

I glanced at Ellie again, only to realize that she looked like she was about to cry. I picked her up off the ground, trying to figure out what was wrong. She wouldn't say anything and just cried.

I'm so confused right now... Avi came over and took Ellie away from me, comforting his daughter. Wait, she started acting up when Bagel came in. Maybe that's why Ellie is crying!

I signaled my hand in Liz's direction, letting everyone know what this was about. Avi asked Ellie if Bagel was the problem with a calming tone, rocking her gently and earning a small nod on reply.

We all spoke softly, trying to help Ellie feel better. Scott explained Bagel's situation to her, successfully slowing down her sobs.

Liz spoke up in the middle of no where, earning my attention. She stated that she wanted to go to bed. I tuned back towards Ellie. Eh, Liz said she wanted it go to bed. Nothing that needs my attention too much.

"Bubba can come sing to you, okay?" I heard Scott say. Well, I guess that's my cue. I pivoted on my heel and turned back towards Liz. I extended my hand toward her, implying for her to take it.

"Come on Liz." I said, Ellie on my mind as she grabbed my hand with her smaller one. I brought her to her room, a yawn escaping my lips. "What do you want me to sing?" I asked once we made it to Liz's room and she was all tucked in.

"Hmm.." Liz pondered for a second, contemplating her choices. "How about Standing By?" I raised a questioning eyebrow at her but didn't say anything, knowing that she wouldn't ask for anything else even though that track was a bit old.

Liz closed her eyes as I began to sing. I stopped about halfway through, hearing the small snores Liz was making.

I headed back to the rest of the group, just to find them sitting on multiple couches, while Ellie was also snoring away on Avi's lap.